Discussion Disney and Star's Sports Channel Ownership

so no matter what, ESPN will make its presence felt in our lives !! Good news !! :cheers:

is it coming back with STAR, as STAR and FOX are kind of sister concerns
Star, ESPN, fox sports everything owned by Disney! It's just a mere branding exercise to get rid of Fox brand on Disney assets once and for all.

Its high time for Star Sports to die as a sports network. We have tolerated them for a long time for their shenanigans.

On a side note, Star sports select has been unduly diluted with " Cricket".

Its high time for Star Sports to die as a sports network. We have tolerated them for a long time for their shenanigans.

On a side note, Star sports select has been unduly diluted with " Cricket".
Yes that's really sad. They launched these two channels in the name of showcasing premium international sports content. But now they use it for IPL and other cricket broadcasts when they already have 3-4 channels for that. One more thing is they really don't have any magazine shows other than cricket apart from the content provided by Premier League and Bundesliga. I really miss some classic shows from ESPN Star days. I hope ESPN brings back some sanity to their programming. These guys Sanjay Gupta & Uday Shankar have totally ruined Star Sports channels.

They realised a long time ago that only cricket sells. Everything else is just a filler so no point in showing niche/long tailed sports or investing and creating indigenous localised magazine content when no one is watching. Their magazine content had already degraded due to lack of investment before it shut down. Why do your own shows for football when premier league can do it better than you?
They know how to make money and they are doing just that. It's not about sports for them, it's about business. After ICC, BCCI and IPL in the bag nothing else matters.
Disney won't ruin their cash cow.

They realised a long time ago that only cricket sells. Everything else is just a filler so no point in showing niche/long tailed sports or investing and creating indigenous localised magazine content when no one is watching. Their magazine content had already degraded due to lack of investment before it shut down. Why do your own shows for football when premier league can do it better than you?
They know how to make money and they are doing just that. It's not about sports for them, it's about business. After ICC, BCCI and IPL in the bag nothing else matters.
Disney won't ruin their cash cow.
Actually it's the other way round. SPSN has been perfoming superbly financially after losing IPL rights. Star, on the other hand, has been struggling to break even the amount they are paying every year for IPL rights. Their other domestic ventures such as ISL, PKL, PBL wherein they invested very heavily are also giving them a run for money. One thing is to be noted that SPSN with their diverse and balanced programming are much better broadcaster in current scenario. Even ESPN-Star performed superbly in their entire venture. They had such a balanced and fantastic programming line up.

Any app to Watch Asian/chinese/japanese channels watch live???pls suggest me

The picture is becoming clear.. Why ESPN seperated with Sony..Disney is going to shred Star Sports... I believe all star sports channels will be rebranded.. Partial rebrand wont work for them ... Dsiney wants to dominate Sports arena

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock