Discussion Free vs Pay. Where are you watching IPL this season?

Where are you watching IPL this season?

• Pay on Star Sports channels.

• Freeview if available on upcoming regional Star Sports HD channels.

• Catch odd matches on Star Utsav Movies.

• Bundled Star Sports 4K channel with DTH/OTT bundle.

• Freestream on JioCinema.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Definitely digital streaming is my first preference. I have a strong feeling that with free streaming, half baked JioCinema would crash most of the times during IPL due to heavy traffic compared to Fifa WC & WPL. So, I'll watch IPL mostly on TataPlay.com!

If I face issues with my Internet connection I'll switch to DTH!

Last edited:
Definitely digital streaming is my first preference. I have a strong feeling that with free streaming, half baked JioCinema would crash most of the times during IPL due to heavy traffic compared to Fifa WC & WPL. So, I'll watch IPL mostly on TataPlay.com!

If I face issues with my Internet connection I'll switch to DTH!
Star sports & tv channels showing ipl 2023 will be blocked on TataPlay.com & on other platforms providing these tv channels using internet as Star does not have Digital (internet) streaming rights.

I've never cared about IPL. So I'm not gonna go out of my way to subscribe to Star Sports or watch on Jio Cinema. I'll watch on dth only if it's bundled into my pack. I watched the odd IPL match on Hotstar a while back. Gonna do the same on Jio Cinema just to check how free stream is working since Hotstar was absolutely crap even after paying for it.

Many times the pixellation or other issue one sees while streaming /watching any live event on a channel, same may be caused bcoz of technical issue at source/venue end and not anything linked to downlinking/uplinking of the feed or a issue from broadcaster/platform end. At other occasions some satellite or server related glitches too cause issues and these aren't always things which broadcaster/platform can keep under check as these do happen randomly despite best efforts done to avoid the same.

Similarly on DTH / Cable TV front faulty LNB , STB issues r resolution scaling problem or issue at Cable TV/DTH headed can cause picture / audio quality issues too.

So one should not always blame broadcaster or platform without knowing the reason. I have even seen certain content recorded or produced in poor quality and then when these r shown the picture / audio quality is below average

Pixelation during all IPL, F1, Premier League. All are venue's fault. 👏

Buddy i just stated that there could be number of reasons for the broadcast/streaming quality to be poor , where did i say that each time these have to be the reason for the issue. Sometimes broadcasters or platforms r at fault but we need to know the reason before blaming anyone , similarly if Disney-Star is restructuring its core business areas u need to know why they r doing so rather than just poking fun or criticising them for the same.

Also it is rather odd that u seem to mostly speak negative things only about Disney-Star and never seem to praise them. Even in above post u just mentioned all events which are with Disney-Star (F1 rights recently expired) and again seem to be suggesting that issues r observed only on their TV channels or OTT platforms and conveniently ignoring mentioning other broadcasters / platforms in ur posts.

Fact is that in tech world there r bound to be issues and hence if we just keep on looking at negatives then we cannot enjoy watching anything. Sure viewing experience should be good and companies do try to provide the best to its customers but sometimes due to issues at their end or at source end which they do not have control over or certain satellite/server issues problems do happen and we should 1st know the reason and share feedback with respective company on the same and just relax.

Buddy i just stated that there could be number of reasons for the broadcast/streaming quality to be poor , where did i say that each time these have to be the reason for the issue. Sometimes broadcasters or platforms r at fault but we need to know the reason before blaming anyone , similarly if Disney-Star is restructuring its core business areas u need to know why they r doing so rather than just poking fun or criticising them for the same.

Also it is rather odd that u seem to mostly speak negative things only about Disney-Star and never seem to praise them. Even in above post u just mentioned all events which are with Disney-Star (F1 rights recently expired) and again seem to be suggesting that issues r observed only on their TV channels or OTT platforms and conveniently ignoring mentioning other broadcasters / platforms in ur posts.

Fact is that in tech world there r bound to be issues and hence if we just keep on looking at negatives then we cannot enjoy watching anything. Sure viewing experience should be good and companies do try to provide the best to its customers but sometimes due to issues at their end or at source end which they do not have control over or certain satellite/server issues problems do happen and we should 1st know the reason and share feedback with respective company on the same and just relax.
That's not the problem of the customer. They paid for quality. None of what you have said in any way should be the problem of the customer. Don't defend the giant corporates all the time.

They are not some startup. They are a 7 year old streamer backed by biggest entertainment company of the world.

That's not the problem of the customer. They paid for quality. None of what you have said in any way should be the problem of the customer. Don't defend the giant corporates all the time.

Neither r these things sometimes in control of the broadcaster / platform / production company so we should not become too irritated with it. Companies try to provide best experience but issues do happen, as a customer we can provide feedback after knowing the correct reason or ask the broadcaster / platform about it and then form an opinion. Sure as a customer we r paying and companies earning thru ad revenue so quality is of much importance but we should be little bit responsible/balanced while sharing views rather than just criticizing without knowing facts about an issue

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock