FX India to launch ‘Doctor Who’ series in May

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
f67caa343f0a00b74ae518fd4c1c61de.jpg

MUMBAI: Even as the leaked emails from Sony Pictures Entertainment have revealed the studio is planning a Hollywood movie on the cult sci-fi series Doctor Who, FX India is all set to air the series this May. 

FX India will launch the series on 15 May and will air it from Monday to Friday at 9 pm.

Doctor Who series first aired in 1963 and has become a cult favorite among many. Over the years, 13 actors have featured in the series as the Doctor.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/television/tv-channels/english-entertainment/fx-india-to-launch-doctor-who-series-in-may-150418

DAVINDER THAKUR 4K said:
the cult sci-fi series Doctor Who, FX India will launch the series on 15 May and will air it from Monday to Friday at 9 pm.
I think, before 15th May, the Star group would have launched the FX HD channel and they will show this series in HD also.

”Doctor Who” to be aired in India on Star India’s FX channel

All eight seasons of the BBC’s updated Doctor Who are due to start airing in India next month, with broadcasts primed for Star India’s FX channel.

The agreement, secured between Star India and BBC Worldwide India, marks the largest volume sale for Doctor Who in the country. FX will begin screening episodes of the world’s longest running sci-fi show starting 15th May.

“This partnership marks a milestone for us,” said Myleeta Aga, the senior VP and general manager of BBC Worldwide in India. “It will be the first time Whovians in India will be able to participate in the global Doctor Whophenomenon.

And it is also the first time we’ve concluded a major deal with Star India.”

“We’ve seen an increasing interest in British drama from our partners in the last 12 months or so,” she continued.

“Viewers now recognize the originality of British drama, and this has caused a surge in interest in our drama series like Doctor Who. We are very glad to be working with Star India to bring this very iconic series (including series nine, which is currently being filmed) to viewers in India.”

Doctor Who is a British science-fiction television programme produced by the BBC from 1963 to the present day. The program depicts the adventures of the Doctor, a Time Lord—a time-travelling humanoid alien. He explores the universe in his TARDIS, a sentient time-travelling space ship.

Its exterior appears as a blue British police box, which was a common sight in Britain in 1963 when the series first aired.

Along with a succession of companions, the Doctor combats a variety of foes while working to save civilisations and help people in need.

Doctor Who, since 1963 has ran for 26 season and eight series that has more than 800 episodes.

''Doctor Who'' to be Aired in India on Star India's FX channel

RE: ”Doctor Who” to be aired in India on Star India’s FX channel

Great news :)

Dileep Kumar said:
All eight seasons of the BBC’s updated Doctor Who are due to start airing in India next month, with broadcasts primed for Star India’s FX channel. The agreement, secured between Star India and BBC Worldwide India, marks the largest volume sale for Doctor Who in the country. FX will begin screening episodes of the world’s longest running sci-fi show starting 15th May.

“This partnership marks a milestone for us,” said Myleeta Aga, the senior VP and general manager of BBC Worldwide in India. “It is also the first time we’ve concluded a major deal with Star India. We are very glad to be working with Star India to bring this very iconic series (including series nine, which is currently being filmed) to viewers in India.”
Dileep bro,it means FX is Star's channel i.e. its owned and managed by Star India and not by Fox International, its contents are purchased and screened as per Star India, means FX is completely Star's own channel like Star world and Star Movies. So when FX HD will be launched, it will be immediately got added on Tatasky as other Star channels. Its really a very good news.
Rahulan Ratnarajah @ `Star India gears up for launch of SMS HD said:
Nice move to launch Fx HD !
Rahulan bro, I am also happy that FX will be launched in HD. In fact, I was thinking that
skm30 said:
before 15th May, the Star group would have launched the FX HD channel and they will show this series in HD also.
But till now there is no any further update of it, only last media report about it, is the only update available which tells that it will be launched in the quarter ending June. So, we can only expect that Star India should launch it in this month as per their official announcement. FX HD is also one of the eagerly awaited HD channels in India as it has many good shows !!

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
Great news :)
Bro, right now, 'Seinfeld' is also being shown on FX apart from 'Doctor Who' : . If FX HD is being launched within somedays, then I will feel myself lucky that I will got a chance to watch 'Seinfeld', in High Definition. Its one of the best comic series I have ever seen till now. I will love to watch it again and again if it will be shown in HD. Watching 'Doctor Who' and 'Seinfeld' in HD will be a great experience. Let us see, when they will launch FX HD channel.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock