• Thread starter Girish
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 915

Girish

Contributor
Reaction score
402674d2dd4115a9d7af978035ae440c.jpg

Sun TV Network’s Telugu entertainment channel has roped in Cheerla Prabhakar Reddy as its new fiction head. His appointment is part of the managements initiative to revamp the channel and bring in a new life to the ailing channel, which is constantly losing its viewership to its competitors.

Cheerla Prabhakar Reddy has taken charge from last week and he is already in the action. He was working as Creative Head for the past 3 years in Annapurna Studios, the Hyderabad based production house which was owned by actor Akkineni Nagarjuna’s family.

Prior to that he was working on Zee Telugu’s core Creative team under the guidance of the Channel head Anuradha. He was instrumental in the success of fiction shows like Muddamandharam and Geethanjali which was aired on Zee Telugu.

During his stint with Annapurna Studio, he Created Shasherekhaparinayam and Puttinti Pattucheera that was aired on Maa TV. He started off his career as Director of famous Comedy show Amrutham, which was aired on Gemini TV.

Speaking to tvnews4u.com, Prabhakar Reddy said, “It is very exciting to be associated with the channel as Creative Head, in which I started my career as a Director many years before. This channel is having lot of potential to grow and I am working towards gripping the story line of the existing shows and altering the packing of the channel. Based on the progress of the existing shows, we will plan the future launches. I am very confident of the future of Gemini TV and working towards it revamp”.

Gemini TV has decided to wind up the existing fiction show Na Mogudu @ 7:30 by the end of February. The Channel is expecting Prabhakar Reddy to bring in major changes in its fiction line-up to boost its Fiction GRP.

Gemini TV was dominating the Telugu GEC market due to its dominance in Fiction. The channel was enjoying free content with paid slot fees until late 2013. The Channel hope to bring back its fortune with a revamp in the near future.

Gemini TV ropes in Cheerla Prabhakar Reddy as Fiction Head - tvnews4u.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock