General Discussion about Airtel Xstream Devices

• Thread starter DonJon
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 555
  • Views: Views 90,810

DonJon

Reaction score
You may not have read all my comments on this thread where I wrote that I have tried all the 4k supported players, not just VLC...This box doesn't support 4K files so 4k files won't play irrespective of where I download them from....For BD Rips, I can already stream from my laptop to my TV wirelessly via Miracast...I only needed to play 4K files through the box...

And yes the AirTel Xstream app on the box doesn't have live TV option for valid reasons...Because if they would have provided that in the app itself, no-one would do monthly DTH recharges & they would have to incur losses...

Airtel Xstream is not a separate apk based app on this box like their mobile version...We can't uninstall or install this app...It's integrated in the box eco-system so apk file extracting is not possible here...

Downscaling is tough task for Processor and highly depends on Integrated Hardware Scaler and GPU.
One can expect downscaling 1080p on 720p as in Original Resolution 1080p, pixel count is double than Native Resolution 720p. On the other hand in 4K resolution, pixel count is 4 times than 1080p. you are able to play 4K on 1080p in Laptop and mobile...Do you think this Box processor is similar to that of Laptop and Mobile processors ??... A big No... For God sake its a Dual core Processor and can't be compared with Dual core computer processor and Mobile Processors which are quadcore for entry level phones or Octacore for budget to mid segment smartphones.....You are able to play some 4K and some aren't...thats what you will achieve when you force hardware to its 100% strength.. above that you are forcing Box to convert HDR10 in 4k to 1080p... which will generate excessive heat in box if you continuously force it to do same and in result MCB will get burnt. This is a ₹4000 device with satellite TV integration..It is performing the way it should..To play max 4K on 4K device without any Downscaling...To play 1080p on 1080p , 720p on 720p device... that's it... Before buying it you should have considered Processor's capabilities than complaing about device as overall...As I said It is performing what it is intended to...

Downscaling is tough task for Processor and highly depends on Integrated Hardware Scaler and GPU.
One can expect downscaling 1080p on 720p as in Original Resolution 1080p, pixel count is double than Native Resolution 720p. On the other hand in 4K resolution, pixel count is 4 times than 1080p. you are able to play 4K on 1080p in Laptop and mobile...Do you think this Box processor is similar to that of Laptop and Mobile processors ??... A big No... For God sake its a Dual core Processor and can't be compared with Dual core computer processor and Mobile Processors which are quadcore for entry level phones or Octacore for budget to mid segment smartphones.....You are able to play some 4K and some aren't...thats what you will achieve when you force hardware to its 100% strength.. above that you are forcing Box to convert HDR10 in 4k to 1080p... which will generate excessive heat in box if you continuously force it to do same and in result MCB will get burnt. This is a ₹4000 device with satellite TV integration..It is performing the way it should..To play max 4K on 4K device without any Downscaling...To play 1080p on 1080p , 720p on 720p device... that's it... Before buying it you should have considered Processor's capabilities than complaing about device as overall...As I said It is performing what it is intended to...
Wow man hold on for a second...Even a 1500/- worth of 4k android box with dirt cheap & low quality Rockchip CPU plays 4k HDR 10 files smoothly...Please do your homework properly before leaving such comments...

Also your opinion NEED NOT TO BE THE SAME AS MINE...Stop judging others just because your opinion is not the same as others...I know what I'm saying...Why don't you buy a 1500-2000/- worth of 4K HDR Android box yourself & check it yourself ?? If you need the link, I will supply that to you...

It's a common thing...Most people don't know how to react when other's opinions are not the same as theirs...

Most people in India also don't know that, to watch 3D movies, we don't need any 3D screen/monitor or 3D TV & almost full 3D experience can be enjoyed on just about any device...Would you believe me,if I say to you guys that if you have the very less number of required tools, you can even watch 3D movies popping out even from your mobile screen ??

I don't have a 3D TV...But me & my family regularly watch awesome 3D movies on it & get almost the same experience like watching a 3D movie in a theater...And that too wirelessly via miracast direct from my laptops to my TV screen without any additional streaming hardware...

P.S. No-one in the entire freakin' world has ever reported that their 4k box got burnt because they tried to watch 4k content on their non-4K TVs...Kuch bhi...

Last edited:
Wow man hold on for a second...Even a 1500/- worth of 4k android box with dirt cheap & low quality Rockchip CPU plays 4k HDR 10 files smoothly...Please do your homework properly before leaving such comments...

Also your opinion NEED NOT TO BE THE SAME AS MINE...Stop judging others just because your opinion is not the same as others...I know what I'm saying...Why don't you buy a 1500-2000/- worth of 4K HDR Android box yourself & check it yourself ?? If you need the link, I will supply that to you...

It's a common thing...Most people don't know how to react when other's opinions are not the same as theirs...

Most people in India also don't know that, to watch 3D movies, we don't need any 3D screen/monitor or 3D TV & almost full 3D experience can be enjoyed on just about any device...Would you believe me,if I say to you guys that if you have the very less number of required tools, you can even watch 3D movies popping out even from your mobile screen ??

I don't have a 3D TV...But me & my family regularly watch awesome 3D movies on it & get almost the same experience like watching a 3D movie in a theater...And that too wirelessly via miracast direct from my laptops to my TV screen without any additional streaming hardware...

P.S. No-one in the entire freakin' world has ever reported that their 4k box got burnt because they tried to watch 4k content on their non-4K TVs...Kuch bhi...

That shows your knowledge of how hardware works...I am saying It is not possible for cheap Dual core processor to downscale 4k content on 1080p due to Hardware Video Scaler...its not an imaginary thing....Same as computer Dual Core processor from early Generation can't handle 4K Content.... its a Fact... Today's computer dual core cpu handles 4K and that dual core alone is typically more than price of whole XtreamBox.. Those Cheap 4K boxes you mentioned are paired with better Specs than Airtel, Which has Broadcom Chipset and which is developed to stream content not to downscale content... it is not a new things ,you will find cheap Chinese product with better Specs or features in all categories..be a water purifier, be a LAPTOP , be a smartphone, be an action camera...be LED lights , be a TV or anything..this doesn't means the cheap one will perform better in all aspects... There are quality issues , warranty issues, UX issues, lack of official android store... Poor Integration....They provide you a better speed Low quality chip and memory and then they comprise on rest of product... You won't be noticing if your Google Login data or any other credentials you typed on such product is getting stolen via unknown process working in background whether it
was installed by cheap manufacturers or by seller...so processor will work how it is intended to work... AND from where you dragged 3D to this context...just buy or make a RED and CYAN 3D glass and start watching 3D content... One don't need 3D hardware scaler or hardware acceleration to play 3D RED/CYAN videos.. Its a kid thing you are talking about..had done several years ago.. And now when you are comparing Cheap box with XtreamBox .... Before buying you should have checked whether it has RockChip or Amlogic or Broadcom.. Don't expect every chip to perform similar to your expectations... One day you will say I can do 4K editing on these chips...Look into how Video Scaler works and also CPU and motherboard in ANY digital device can be burnt due to Clogged Intake, due to excessive moisture, forced utilisation can cause excessive heat generation and for long time usage can fry up chip in any device...Just do a google if you lack knowledge on "Fried CPUs / GPUs and motherboard".

Last edited:
Just do a google if you lack knowledge on "Fried CPUs / GPUs and motherboard".

Everyone knows CPU, GPU & Mobos get burnt...I'm into tech field since you have not even born...I have also worked in ASUS for several years & presently working as a Microsoft Partner Network Team member...I don't need to attach my resume here to prove you anything...You do your own google search & show me just ONE instance where a 4K box got burnt while running 4k contents on a non-4k tv...

Millions of people worldwide uses 4k android boxes to play 4k movies on their non-4k TVs...And there has not been a single instance of their 4k box got burnt...

I spent my money on this box...I wanted to play 4K files on it...It didn't work...And it's my thread where I shared these issues I am having with this box...What's your problem in this ?? Like I mentioned before,it's NOT compulsory that everyone will have to have the same opinions about something...If you are not agree with my opinion about the box, ignore this thread & start your fighting in another thread but stop ruining my thread...

@Bapun Raz, Please delete posts 52 to 55 (including my posts too) to keep the thread clean...Thank You...

Last edited by a moderator:
KEEP YOUR OWN PERSONAL OPINIONS (gyans) TO YOURSELF...I'm not interested in listening to your nonsense & STOP ruining my thread...

I paid my money on this box...I wanted to play 4K files on it...It didn't work...And it's my thread where I shared these issues I am having with this box...What's your problem in this ?? Like I mentioned before,it's NOT compulsory that everyone will have to have the same opinions about something...
Why you getting offended ...if you are not knowledgeable to how something is working..then it okay.. Even I don't know many things and this is why we are online on many forums to share and gain knowledge..and I am not ruining this thread and maybe someone else will find it useful... TV with USB also has Video Scalers and players built into...You will notice When you plug in Pendrive to TV via USB port... most of supported formats it will play..and some videos with permitted format won't be playing...some small videos won't work ...some very long videos won't work... some mobile recorded mp4 videos won't work...this is always hit or miss when it comes to playing videos on different videos scalers...some will play some will not...and for higher pixel count videos on native resolution... some 4k will play okay ...some 4k content will have sync issue ..some will be choppy....In the end It is okay to not have knowledge of all the things we come across in our life ...So chill ..

Why you getting offended ...if you are not knowledgeable to how something is working..then it okay.. Even I don't know many things and this is why we are online on many forums to share and gain knowledge..and I am not ruining this thread and maybe someone else will find it useful... TV with USB also has Video Scalers and players built into...You will notice When you plug in Pendrive to TV via USB port... most of supported formats it will play..and some videos with permitted format won't be playing...some small videos won't work ...some very long videos won't work... some mobile recorded mp4 videos won't work...this is always hit or miss when it comes to playing videos on different videos scalers...some will play some will not...and for higher pixel count videos on native resolution... some 4k will play okay ...some 4k content will have sync issue ..some will be choppy....In the end It is okay to not have knowledge of all the things we come across in our life ...So chill ..
Like I said before, I wanted to play 4k files on it & it didn't play them...Thats what I have shared here...So, why YOU are offended with that ?? I have paid for the device & expected it to play 4k files And yes Xstream box has inferior hardware in it...Maybe that's why it's not being able to play 4k files which even a 1500-2000 worth of 4k android box can achieve at ease...

Now Please stop this discussion here...

@sushruta, @DonJon,

Thread separated. Next time please do not reach to conclusions on your own.

Please report posts first. If resolution is not satisfactory then open a thread on Talk to Team forum which can be visible to you and team only. A discussion can be done and solution will be provided.

I have airtel dth connection while my fibernet connection is of a different brand. If I go for the set top box airtel x stream will there be any problem to view the ott channels (as I understand that the OTT platforms run via fiber net)

I have airtel dth connection while my fibernet connection is of a different brand. If I go for the set top box airtel x stream will there be any problem to view the ott channels (as I understand that the OTT platforms run via fiber net)
There shouldn't be any problems as long as you have good speed on your Fibernet.

You can even use your mobile hotspot to view OTT contents if you get good speeds from your provider...Meaning, any good net connection will do just fine... :)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock