• Replies: Replies 896
  • Views: Views 146,887

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

I have been skeptical about how Binge+ STB would work comparing to my current Transfer STB.

Please help me out with these questions:
  • Are catch up TV content available for every channels? It can be really helpful for someone coming out of DVR which he using for more than a decade (been using Tata Sky DVRs since its inception).
  • Do the new Binge+ STB has fast forward, backward, rewind and pause options with which i can use DVR like functions. I hope it is possible and it just grab the content from internet like how Tata Sky mobile app streaming does.
  • Can i use Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. without Tata Sky Binge subscription if i have an active subscription directly through the provider?
  • Upgrade and New connection both costs 5,999 INR. So i prefer to keep my existing DVR and take it as a new multi tv (so i can retain it under my existing subscriber ID). Can i keep one of (i have two TS HD DVRs tied under single subscriber ID) my Tata Sky HD DVR inactive and use one HD DVR & Tata Sky Binge+?
Thanks

Hi @Bapun Raz bro how are you, it's long time I interacted with you,! I still didn't gone into Binge + part didn't activated free trial till now.

So part of your question excluding Binge+ I can give answer that is one can use any Android Apps available on Playstore without Binge+ Subscription.

Binge+ doesn't mean apps its only curated contents from that four Apps.

However Catch-up Content though can be accessed directly from EPG it asks for Binge+ Subscription to Play the contents while Android Apps section doesn't asks for Binge+ Subscription.

So we can be clear about one thing very surely, that is any Android Apps can be used with our existing subscription and Binge+ subscription isn't a premium subscription to access that four Apps but it only provides access to it's curated contents.

Catch-up TV content is available for most of the Channels in Tamil it's not available only for Sun Network Channels, likewise in Hindi or other regions where the Broadcaster is stronger they might not provide otherwise I guess pan India wise Sony , Zeel and Star will provide catch up for Tata Sky Binge+.

Last edited:
I’ve the same doubts, I’m using Tatasky transfer box normally record my shows & I’ve fire stick for ott apps so not sure to go with this new box ?

@Bapun Raz bro asked the same question I had in my mind.

I only wanted to know if 7 days catch up TV service require Binge pack or not to Access. Since it requires binge pack to access which costs RS 249 over and above monthly package it would be costly for me.

That's why I have decided to stick with my + HD DVR as I can record what I want when I want.

If in future TS decides to offer 7 days catch up TV service without any extra subscription and price I would then may consider to take this STB.

Upgrade and New connection both costs 5,999 INR. So i prefer to keep my existing DVR and take it as a new multi tv (so i can retain it under my existing subscriber ID). Can i keep one of (i have two TS HD DVRs tied under single subscriber ID) my Tata Sky HD DVR inactive and use one HD DVR & Tata Sky Binge+?

I guess u can. Since u have 2 HD DVR and u say ur multi TV one is inactive. U can either upgrade that stb with binge+ STB or keep it and take another multi TV connection with Binge+ STB.

U have Super LNB so all 3 stb will work properly.

I only wanted to know if 7 days catch up TV service require Binge pack or not to Access. Since it requires binge pack to access which costs RS 249 over and above monthly package it would be costly for me.
Currently only Youtube available among internet TV features without Binge pack subscription.

7 days catch up TV available only for Entertainment genre so can call half baked. It requires Binge pack subscription.

Source: An existing Binge+ subscriber told

Last edited:
Upgraded with Tata Sky binge plus.Unable to see Tata Sky Darshan service. Because this box's remote don't have Active button.Called many times to customer care but no solution. Can anybody help?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock