Discussion General Discussion ,News on Upcoming and Current Assamese / Northeast channels

• Thread starter A4Akash
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 50
  • Views: Views 15,554
tXTAA4V.gif
PM4v5vj.jpg

No. 1 tv channel network of Assam Pride East Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. completed 12 years. This network was launched in 21 January 2008,with their news channel NEWSLIVE , currently the network ownes 5 tv channels (News Live,North East Live,Rang TV,Ramdhenu & Indradhanu), 1 newspaper(Niyomiya Baarta) and a Magazine (Aaina)
From this network Exclusively available 1st Assamese music channel Ramdhenu 1st Assamese movie channel Indradhanu.

Congratulations🎉🎊 to all of PEEPL network.

Last edited:
ASSAM: Assamese News channel Pratidin Time taking a good step for students of class X. As of now because of Corona Virus all school are closed. So the channel arranging a show "Pratidin Paathshala" To teach the students of Class X. Teachers will teach English, Mathematics and science subject on the show. The show will start from today @1.00 pm to 3.00 pm.

Assamese movie channel Indradhanu started to posting in Facebook from today again the channel posted last post on 12th October 2019. Today again started to post in FB page. Maybe they are working to make available on DTH platforms because of new channel popular tv.

That can't work as there is always working relationship with News Live and Northeast Live.
But News Live and Northeast Live never telecast news on Arnab Goswami whole day.
Republic tv & R. Bharat telecast Whole day, when something is happened with them.

Assam now has many news channels. No need of additional news channels now. What assam needs is a top class general entertainment channel from national network like star or zee. Existing 3 GECs are from local companies. Rang (sister to news live channel) , rengoni (sister to prag news), jonack (sister to dy365). Jonack is the worst performing gec. National broadcaster can consider buying these. Rang will not be sold coz it's run by current CM's wife 😁

What assam needs is a top class general entertainment channel from national network like star or zee. Existing 3 GECs are from local companies. Rang (sister to news live channel) , rengoni (sister to prag news), jonack (sister to dy365). Jonack is the worst performing gec.
Spot on bro. I have mentioned it in my article on the launch of Star Kirano.

If Zee can find success from these smaller markets, surely there is enough potential for Star or Viacom18 to enter. Assamese, for instance, has just three GECs — Rang, Rengoni and Jonack — all of which are run by small local broadcasters with no presence outside Assam.

Last edited:
But the population of Assamese speaking and Assamese content viewing audience is less and therefore this is a very very small market. Very small compared to Odia/punjabi. Therefore this might be the reason for national broadcaster not coming in Assam. I'm from Assam and I know the demography here. Hope the national broadcaster change their mind. But if they come the locals can't survive I assume 😁. U can watch an Assamese serial on YouTube. The production quality is very low compared to those in Odia and all serials are finite episode serials 80-150 episodes average. And moreover I think in a very small population market, 3 GECs are enough. So I want national broadcaster to buy existing local channels 😁

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock