DDF Exclusive General Discussion, News, Updates And Comparison Of Various DTH Brands

• Thread starter Siva
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 489
  • Views: Views 59,215
Brother, there r many factors which go in while consumers makes decision to buy DTH connection. Apart from regular stuff like channels available, cost, service, transmission quality etc.. There r added points like word of mouth, feasibility to install connection etc. which contribute in final call.

Both u and @DJ Roy bhai r from North East and Dish/d2h has always had strong presence there . Also just by seeing dishes one cannot assume if that brand is indeed being used, right now operators give subscribers option to chose new connection and use old dish/outdoor equipment hence old dishes remain in use. 2ndly some societies disallow certain brands bcoz there is tie up with competitors hence quite possible in ur locality dish/d2h has such a agreement in place
It's not like that. These are new customers moving to DTH. At smaller town like mine we have independence of installing any DTH we want. We only have restrictions on mobile towers because of radiation. Coming to new users moving from cable. At first everybody google's before buying and first thing that shows up on Google is DTH. And Videocon is appealing as it is well known as electronic brand unlike Tata and Airtel.

Brother, there r many factors which go in while consumers makes decision to buy DTH connection. Apart from regular stuff like channels available, cost, service, transmission quality etc.. There r added points like word of mouth, feasibility to install connection etc. which contribute in final call.

Both u and @DJ Roy bhai r from North East and Dish/d2h has always had strong presence there . Also just by seeing dishes one cannot assume if that brand is indeed being used, right now operators give subscribers option to chose new connection and use old dish/outdoor equipment hence old dishes remain in use. 2ndly some societies disallow certain brands bcoz there is tie up with competitors hence quite possible in ur locality dish/d2h has such a agreement in place
Main concern is the monthly cost, customer care/after sales service including technician visits plus ease of installation & time taken to solve a problem & DishTV most of the times rocks in all of them...I used DishTV since 2012 to 2019 Sept so, I know them in detail...

In our area, DTH companies have not tied up with societies & anyone can buy any dish as per their wish...

But I have noticed this, not just by looking at the number of dishes on the rooftop, that, when people thinks about buying a new DTH connection, the first question comes to their mind is, which is the cheapest DTH out there...They immediately get the reply in their head like this "Tata Sky would be too expensive as their monthly plans would be expensive plus their box & installation prices are also high so what are my choices ?? Let's go for DishTV or D2H as they are cheap & their customer care is easily accessible"...

Airtel doesn't even come across most common people's minds & Tata Sky most people thinks is way too expensive which they kinda are...Common people also don't have any idea even about their own TV resolution, forget about 4k or hybrid boxes...They just need a cheap DTH which can show their fav channels non-stop without any issue & that's about it...They are happy with that...

I left DishTV but their speed of resolving a problem & time taken from lodging a complaint till the technician visit are amazingly fast...Sometimes, they sent me technician even within 2 hours of lodging a complaint with their phone CC...DishTV's Nodal officers are also helpful & knowledgeable unlike AirTel's...I contacted AirTel DTH nodal office 8 days ago & they are still not being able to solve my problem...When I used to message DishTV on their twitter support, they even used to call me at 12 AM to resolve an issue...

I just left DishTV few days ago & changed to AirTel because DishTV was not providing any android/4K box & was using very dated technologies in their boxes...But I do miss DishTV & their customer service already...

New Xstream box getting hang, my registered mobile number is wrong on the box (& they are not being able to update it) & also I am not being able to watch any Xstream app contents...

It's been only 9 days with Airtel DTH & these problems I am facing & neither their phone CC, nor their twitter support & even their Nodal team not being able to solve...

There must be a reason why Dish/D2H is the number 1 DTH company in India in terms of total subscriber base....Cost & after sales service are those two main reasons why most people think abut going for DishTV/D2H...

Last edited:
Main concern is the monthly cost, customer care/after sales service including technician visits plus ease of installation & time taken to solve a problem & DishTV most of the times rocks in all of them...I used DishTV since 2012 to 2019 Sept so, I know them in detail...

In our area, DTH companies have not tied up with societies & anyone can buy any dish as per their wish...

But I have noticed this, not just by looking at the number of dishes on the rooftop, that, when people thinks about buying a new DTH connection, the first question comes to their mind is, which is the cheapest DTH out there...They immediately get the reply in their head like this "Tata Sky would be too expensive as their monthly plans would be expensive plus their box & installation prices are also high so what are my choices ?? Let's go for DishTV or D2H as they are cheap & their customer care is easily accessible"...

Airtel doesn't even come across most common people's minds & Tata Sky most people thinks is way too expensive which they kinda are...Common people also don't have any idea even about their own TV resolution, forget about 4k or hybrid boxes...They just need a cheap DTH which can show their fav channels non-stop without any issue & that's about it...They are happy with that...

I left DishTV but their speed of resolving a problem & time taken from lodging a complaint till the technician visit are amazingly fast...Sometimes, they sent me technician even within 2 hours of lodging a complaint with their phone CC...DishTV's Nodal officers are also helpful & knowledgeable unlike AirTel's...I contacted AirTel DTH nodal office 8 days ago & they are still not being able to solve my problem...When I used to message DishTV on their twitter support, they even used to call me at 12 AM to resolve an issue...

I just left DishTV few days ago & changed to AirTel because DishTV was not providing any android/4K box & was using very aged technologies in their boxes...But I do miss DishTV & their customer service already...

New Xstream box getting hang, my registered mobile number is wrong on the box (& they are not being able to update it) & also I am not being able to watch any Xstream app contents...

It's been only 9 days with Airtel DTH & these problems I am facing & neither their phone CC, nor their twitter support & even their Nodal team not being able to solve...

There must be a reason why Dish/D2H is the number 1 DTH company in India in terms of total subscriber base....Cost & after sales service are those two main reasons why most people think abut going for DishTV/D2H...
Dunno about Airtel but Tata Sky's service are not good as expressed by our forum members. Chat and call customer services are useless. They will never try to resolve an issue. Instead raise a ticket which is supposed to get address by next day. Meanwhile their portal is the worst portal I have ever came across. This is a former digital cable user speaking here. Cricket or not. They will screw up. You need to call them sometime as refreshing account from customers end doesn't work. So called best DTH brand can't handle traffic during important events. You need to set alerts on the day of cricket to add the channels or you are missing out. They need to provide these channels for free until their portal can handle the traffic. Coming to pricing also there is no such thing called discount in Tata Sky. They do give NCF discount to random packs. But no discount on multi TV. My biggest problem is you give us ads all over UI. Then how dare you charge us the highest NCF you can.

Dunno about Airtel but Tata Sky's service are not good as expressed by our forum members. Chat and call customer services are useless. They will never try to resolve an issue. Instead raise a ticket which is supposed to get address by next day. Meanwhile their portal is the worst portal I have ever came across. This is a former digital cable user speaking here. Cricket or not. They will screw up. You need to call them sometime as refreshing account from customers end doesn't work. So called best DTH brand can't handle traffic during important events. You need to set alerts on the day of cricket to add the channels or you are missing out. They need to provide these channels for free until their portal can handle the traffic. Coming to pricing also there is no such thing called discount in Tata Sky. They do give NCF discount to random packs. But no discount on multi TV. My biggest problem is you give us ads all over UI. Then how dare you charge us the highest NCF you can.
I didn't have any experience or idea about TS's customer service...Thanks for enlightening me...I always used to think that, they are costly because they provide very good service lol...

Last edited:
I didn't have any experience or idea about TS's customer service...Thanks for enlightening me...I always used to think that, they are costly because they provide very good service lol...
Meanwhile I also thought the same.

Just call the customer service. You can here audible background noises. Imagine someone listening to your RMN repeated by agents while the other person can also here on the call.

DTH in America are disabling fast forward during commercial for recorded videos.

Do you think India will adopt same model in coming years?

With TRAI clearly telling that FTA Complimentary Packs cannot be auto activated on subscriber account hence most of the channels r not finding it lucrative to pay high carriage and be part of it. If at all operators want this revenue to not diminish and grow further then they need to promote the advantage of this pack to subscribers thru home channels, i think most will opt for it as it saves NCF and ultimately broadcasters will hop back on

In last few days as previous agreement expired, majority broadcasters have not renewed FTA Bundle contract and instead exited or opted for regular carriage deal. This resulted in channels dropped from platform or complimentary bundle pack as reach guarantee has drastically reduced for them. Even those continuing on regular carriage deals will not continue for long as most subscribers will not add these to respective accounts

I was thinking about buying Airtel's dth connection for 9XO. My mother isn't letting me stating what will I do if the same removed from Airtel. I myself too am little unclear about the channel as it keeps on getting removed from all platforms. Recently it has been removed from Zee5. Even on my previous cable. Channel disappears for 3-4 months. Then it's back.

Has it ever been removed from Airtel?

I was thinking about buying Airtel's dth connection for 9XO. My mother isn't letting me stating what will I do if the same removed from Airtel. I myself too am little unclear about the channel as it keeps on getting removed from all platforms. Recently it has been removed from Zee5. Even on my previous cable. Channel disappears for 3-4 months. Then it's back.

Has it ever been removed from Airtel?

No. Remained on airtel since it was added, even scroll not added once on this channel. Airtel is quite understanding and good at negotiating deals with broadcasters. Airtel hardly faces major disputes with anyone

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock