@JollyLNB @Riddhiman @Bishnu15

have you guys seen the top5 bangla shows

1 Zee Bangla SAAT BHAI CHAMPA 5895
2 STAR Jalsha KUSUM DOLA 4669
3 STAR Jalsha BHAJA GOBINDA 4086
4 Zee Bangla SIMAREKHA 4055
5 Zee Bangla STREE 3879

TV audience measurement data collection - BARC India

it's first time since BARC inception that 3 out of 5 shows are from zee bangla. also there is a lot difference in top2 shows.

though channel GRP are less as star jalsha broadcasts serials all the time.

do you think that they might beat star jalsha soon?

5 Zee Bangla STREE 3879

it's first time since BARC inception that 3 out of 5 shows are from zee bangla. also there is a lot difference in top2 shows.

Never.
Recently all Star channels including Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies are disconnected on various platform, like Siti Digital, BCN (Barasaat), CCN, Star Cable (Balurghat), C4U Cable, Sobar Cable (Malda) etc. So, people from above mentioned town are not able to watch their all time favorite channel Star Jalsha.
It is the only one reason to decrease Star Jalsha's TRP.
I hope high members of channel should notice it & soon be available this channel on at least allover Bengal.

5 Zee Bangla STREE 3879

I hope and I wish Zee Bangla beat Star Jalsha in TRP chart. I found Zee Bangla's show are far better than star jalsha. Also they have variety of content like serials, game show, cooking show, quiz/dance/music and many shows.

Presently I like to watch Zee Bangla popular show Dadagiri and Rani Rashmoni. This 2 shows my favourites.

Never.
Recently all Star channels including Star Jalsha, Jalsha Movies are disconnected on various platform, like Siti Digital, BCN (Barasaat), CCN, Star Cable (Balurghat), C4U Cable, Sobar Cable (Malda) etc. So, people from above mentioned town are not able to watch their all time favorite channel Star Jalsha.
It is the only one reason to decrease Star Jalsha's TRP.
I hope high members of channel should notice it & soon be available this channel on at least allover Bengal.
Fully not like that.In west bengal Zee network channels also removed from some Dth, i remember one name Den cable. Zee bangla's content nowdays better than jalsha. My grandparents nowadays mostly watch zee bangla.

Fully not like that.In west bengal Zee network channels also removed from some Dth, i remember one name Den cable. Zee bangla's content nowdays better than jalsha. My grandparents nowadays mostly watch zee bangla.
Yaa I agree.
Star Jalsha's all shows are same like family drama, Saas-Bahu, Multi marriage, souten villain etc. No variety among shows.
I hate Leena Ganguly & Snehasish Production shows.

Last edited:
Still it is an uphill task for Zee Bangla to overtake Star Jalsha. It's true that Star Jalsha's ratings have fallen severely (440,000 to 350,000) and at the same time Zee Bangla's ratings are on the rise. From 220,000 it has come to 280,000. But there is still a long way to go. If Zee Bangla continues to air good quality shows that people like, it will one day come very close to Star Jalsha and may even be able to overtake it. As long as the issue between Star and the cable networks is not resolved Zee Bangla will continue to have the upper hand.

Most of the Bengalis continue to blindly watch Star Jalsha just the way most Tamizhars blindly watch Sun TV without giving any thought to the quality of content. Even though Sun TV/Star Jalsha continue to be No.1 a large minority are fed up of the 24/7 serials on them with melodramatic storylines.

People want a variety of programs and this is what Star Jalsha cannot give. It airs only serials 7 days of the week. It has tried reality shows but failed. Once in 3-4 months they are forced to give a movie premiere or an award function. There is nothing else. However Zee Bangla has been highly successful with reality shows. For this reason everyone in my family watches only Zee Bangla and they have even put parental lock on Star Jalsha so that they don' see it even by mistake! :lol:

There is just one thing in favour of Star Jalsha. Its theme is one of the best of any channel in India :cheers::kiss: (the graphics are slightly copied from Star Plus's old graphics). Zee Bangla's theme is horrible. :angry:

Last edited:
Still it is an uphill task for Zee Bangla to overtake Star Jalsha. It's true that Star Jalsha's ratings have fallen severely (440,000 to 350,000) and at the same time Zee Bangla's ratings are on the rise. From 220,000 it has come to 280,000. But there is still a long way to go. If Zee Bangla continues to air good quality shows that people like, it will one day come very close to Star Jalsha and may even be able to overtake it. As long as the issue between Star and the cable networks is not resolved Zee Bangla will continue to have the upper hand.

Most of the Bengalis continue to blindly watch Star Jalsha just the way most Tamizhars blindly watch Sun TV without giving any thought to the quality of content. Even though Sun TV/Star Jalsha continue to be No.1 a large minority are fed up of the 24/7 serials on them with melodramatic storylines.

People want a variety of programs and this is what Star Jalsha cannot give. It airs only serials 7 days of the week. It has tried reality shows but failed. Once in 3-4 months they are forced to give a movie premiere or an award function. There is nothing else. However Zee Bangla has been highly successful with reality shows. For this reason everyone in my family watches only Zee Bangla and they have even put parental lock on Star Jalsha so that they don' see it even by mistake! :lol:

There is just one thing in favour of Star Jalsha. Its theme is one of the best of any channel in India :cheers::kiss: (the graphics are slightly copied from Star Plus's old graphics). Zee Bangla's theme is horrible. :angry:
At the same time, when Star Jalsha's TRP is falling, Zee Bangla & Colors Bangla's TRP is upwarding.
Star Jalsha should notice it & work on this matter as soon as possible, otherwise it will be very late for them.

I only watch dadagiri, andormohol on Zee Bangla. Jay Kali Kalkattawali on Star Jalsha. My main channel is ABP Ananda.
ABP Ananda is totaly a paid channel from & for TMC;
Not only ABP Ananda, most of bengali news channels promote TMC.
But I hate Didi.
So eagerly waiting for Zee 24 Ghanta, which will promotes BJP in Bengal.

ABP Ananda is totaly a paid channel from & for TMC;
Not only ABP Ananda, most of bengali news channels promote TMC.
But I hate Didi.
So eagerly waiting for Zee 24 Ghanta, which will promotes BJP in Bengal.
I like etv news bangla among others bengali news channels.In India most of the news channels always biased towards differents parties. 24ghanta,abp ananda,news time promote TMC ,like many hindi news channels, times now, republic promote BJP.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock