Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

World television premier of Angrezi medium cancelled by Star gold on 24may 2020
Instead War is getting telecasted. And from today star gold has started a new slot called Friday night premiere with panga telecast next week mardaani2 so soon love aaj kal, Zoya factor and other recent titles which does not get proper telecast may be aired on this slot. Looking forward for it, I used to wait for &pictures Saturday night premiere as they aired many underrated but good movies at that slot

How many of u remember the channel called "Zone Reality", it was exclusive to Tata Sky and later shut down. This and AXN were my fav for watching adrenalin driven reality shows.

Today onwards audio quality of 9X hindi , english music chs is quite poor from broadcaster end... Maybe done to reduce bandwidth utilisation thus saving money. Sounding bad
Anyone else also facing this issue or only airtel users?
Other members please confirm.

How many of u remember the channel called "Zone Reality", it was exclusive to Tata Sky and later shut down. This and AXN were my fav for watching adrenalin driven reality shows.
Zone Reality (renamed to CBS Reality in 2012) is a European channel owned by Chellomedia (now AMC Networks Europe). On TS I remember it was on LCN 217 and removed around 2009/2010.

Last edited:
These days Max2 airing mostly retro movies all day except one 90s flick in late night slot, this a major change from regular strategy .... R they planning to make this retro cinema ch and have new destination for post 90s stuff? Till then latter will b adjusted on Max2 .. I hope it happens

PS Sony is very well off in sports
But why they lost IPL , ICC and BCCI Broadcast Rights ? :cf2: :huh:
Bro Sony lost big profitable rights IPL ICC BCCI in sports
Advertisements only depends on cricket and other sports events don't have expected profit for channel
Just watch the Sony sports channels they have less adds

The reason star is aggressive - (Fox +star +Disney)partnership with fox and Disney(star individually wouldn't have been able to buy so many rights individually at all) While Sony managing all departments individually.

Coming to bollywood movies acquisition zee is definitely the currently leader and foxstar +Disney is also very good but Sony not that behind
Buddy! If Star was only able to buy the rights because of Disney, Disney wasn't even in talks with 21CF about buying them when Star acquired BCCI and IPL rights . And if 21CF can afford these rights so is Sony bro! @rahul_apk may be u are a sony fanatic but sure this is just a common sense bro!

And BCCI rights were an Open auction, if after seeing Star's bid they are not able to out match them. Sony Corp could have afforded it by ur logic Star only getting because of 21CF. Buddy please see how a subsidiary operates if you don't know. Disney /21CF never infused capital to buy these rights. Those are bought by Star diligently.

I dont agree with point made about acqisition either. I'm no expert in Hindi movie business, may be @ak7777 or @dino29 bros could elaborate.
Bro Sony lost big profitable rights IPL ICC BCCI in sports
Advertisements only depends on cricket and other sports events don't have expected profit for channel
Just watch the Sony sports channels they have less adds

Yeah! They even lost Laliga to Facebook, managed somehow to get the rights for 2018 season as sub broadcaster. Clearly they are going for the rights which are not interested by Star. And i agree Sony have good Football and other sports many are because of Ten deals in place. I don't know if sony would renew them once they are up.

Last edited:
Buddy! If Star was only able to buy the rights because of Disney, Disney wasn't even in talks with 21CF about buying them. And if 21CF can afford these rights so is Sony bro! @rahul_apk may be u are a sony fanatic but sure this is just a common sense bro!

And BCCI rights were an Open auction, if after seeing Star's bid they are not able to out match them. Sony Corp could have afforded it by ur logic Star only getting because of 21CF. Buddy please see how a subsidiary operates if you don't know. Disney /21CF never infused capital to buy these rights. Those are bought by Star diligently.

Yeah! They even lost Laliga to Facebook, managed somehow to get the rights for 2018 season as sub broadcaster. Clearly they are going for the rights which are not interested by Star. And i agree Sony have good Football and other sports many are because of Ten deals in place. I don't know if sony would renew them once they are up.
Go and see the reports bro, u may be a star fan that's why u are telling this, after Disney acquisition they have bought yash raj films, ipl rights and renewed bcci rights.
Sony wasn't actually interseted in renewing LA liga rights because of low trps but rest of the rights, they renewed and will continue to renew. They might even buy LA liga rights later also
And bro sony is not only getting rights in which star wasn't interested, do u think star wasn't interested in buying wwe, CA, and ECB, UEFA, FIFA rights etc ??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock