Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

I am sensing that Zee Cafe, Living Foodz, Zing might either shutdown or revamp in coming months. Lot of such thing expected across broadcasters, reason is mostly bcoz of diminishing business viability and mergers which will help better use resources thus collaborating to operate in specific genres rather than competing. I am happy that tariff order has helped in unwanted chs getting closed and given us options to pick chs at reasonable price. OTT also making niche chs difficult to garner viewership

Just notice the huge difference, Sony Max uk independence day schedule is 1000 times better than Sony Max India
The channel head of sony max India NEERAJ VYAS needs to be sacked up immediately :wall:
Just see the independence day schedule of sony max uk which is way better than that of India :
Source

Not right to compare the 2 feeds, here broadcasters r ad revenue dependent thus have to show content which fetches max ratings... In UK broadcasters get max revenue thru subscription mode hence they air for what consumer wants to pay. What i wish to say is that ratings might not give exact picture of what viewers like seeing hence broadcasters tend to sideline content which is not giving desired results on data.

Sony is not doing wrong by airing dubbed content but what they r mismanaging is giving post 2000 films equal space. Other networks managed to maintain balance but sony did not acquire much of such content thus now largely depending on dubbed films to stay afloat. Also not right to blame any individual for this scenario, these r collective decisions and sony decided to build a destination for dubbed content but misjudged that this cannot b long term successful approach. Anyways i do believe things will improve gradually, hoping that a classic bol films ch is also brought about

Sony is not doing wrong by airing dubbed content but what they r mismanaging is giving post 2000 films equal space. Other networks managed to maintain balance but sony did not acquire much of such content thus now largely depending on dubbed films to stay afloat. Also not right to blame any individual for this scenario, these r collective decisions and sony decided to build a destination for dubbed content but misjudged that this cannot b long term successful approach. Anyways i do believe things will improve gradually, hoping that
Write this part to Sony personally through social media, maybe they will get some good idea from it. your idea and opinion is good that they should balance out all kind of films and should add more bollywood movies on schedule also
But one individual can't do it, for this, collective effort is required for the improvements that u are suggesting

Last edited:
Zee is foolish by not playing movies like Swades on zee anmol cinema which is back to DDFD. Movies like Swades is perfect and very motivational for those rural audiences
When they air srk movies like Koyla, karan Arjun etc on Zee anmol cinema then it gets massive ratings there
I can guarantee if they air movies like Swades on zee anmol cinema then that will also provide massive ratings there. Because that movie is simply outstanding and suits for those regions or even any other regions very well
I know that it airs regularly on & explorer which I am able to watch but that movie deserves to be shown on zee anmol cinema as the story is very much of that kind with perfect ideas for them

Yeah, it takes ages creating brands. No sane brand will even destroy established brands.
An exception to this rule: Star killed the OK brand. I will never forgive Star for killing Life OK. So much more could have been done with the OK brand.

In the early days, Zee's & brand was seen as inspired by Star, but there are several & channels today and many have good brand recognition.

An exception to this rule: Star killed the OK brand. I will never forgive Star for killing Life OK. So much more could have been done with the OK brand.

In the early days, Zee's & brand was seen as inspired by Star, but there are several & channels today and many have good brand recognition.
&pictures is a runaway success

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock