Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Why these Hindi GECs don't show any movies?

Almost all regional GECs show movies daily.

GEC means general entertainment. It should be a mix of serials, reality shows, movies etc. In this a-la-carte model, it would be "paisa vasool" for the consumer if channels add movies to their daily programming mix.

Why these Hindi GECs don't show any movies?

Almost all regional GECs show movies daily.

GEC means general entertainment. It should be a mix of serials, reality shows, movies etc. In this a-la-carte model, it would be "paisa vasool" for the consumer if channels add movies to their daily programming mix.
I remember watching Kuch kuch hota hai on Colors in the evening during lockdown. Now I don't have the channel so don't know if they still show movies.

I remember watching Kuch kuch hota hai on Colors in the evening during lockdown. Now I don't have the channel so don't know if they still show movies.
Checked the schedule of all Hindi GECs** for next week. Not a single movie.

**Only major 5: zee, star, sony, colors, and &.

Last edited:
Checked the schedule of all Hindi GECs** for next week. Not a single movie.

**Only major 5: zee, star, sony, colors, and &.

Don't know why the Hindi gec stopped airing Hindi movies but all the Hindi gec used to air hindi movies earlier. Star plus was the latest one to show movies like Tanhaji, Housefull 4, Dil bechara, War, Mardaani 2, Chappak etc
Before that zee tv and Sony tv used to air hindi movie Infact Sony used to do the world telivsion premier of most thier hindi movies on Sony tv (or SET) only like Jab tak hai jaan, Krish 3, Dhoom 3,Dilwale, Mardaani etc
Same used to be the case for colors tv.
But now rarely hindi gec shows hindi movies on thier channels

Don't know why the Hindi gec stopped airing Hindi movies but all the Hindi gec used to air hindi movies earlier. Star plus was the latest one to show movies like Tanhaji, Housefull 4, Dil bechara, War, Mardaani 2, Chappak etc
Before that zee tv and Sony tv used to air hindi movie Infact Sony used to do the world telivsion premier of most thier hindi movies on Sony tv (or SET) only like Jab tak hai jaan, Krish 3, Dhoom 3,Dilwale, Mardaani etc
I think it's after a-la-carte came. Now to watch movies, you have to take a movie channel.

StarPlus(and even Colors) are certainly not going to show movies during the afternoon slot. StarPlus is getting unexpectedly good ratings on their Saath Nibhana Saathiya reruns and colors are also doing good in afternoon reruns. Afaik aren't their reruns basically free money?

SET USA and Zee TV USA showing movies daily at 1:00 PM.

Today (Jan 19), SET showing Fan and Zee showing Chehre pe Chehra (old movie)

sling1.JPG

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock