Discussion General Discussions, News & Updates On Indian TV Channels

Star Gold on top in TRP charts, Star Gold 2 and Star Utsav Movies doing quite well in respective segments.

Sony Wah far behind competitors on Free Dish and even in other segments. Sony Max too sliding behind Zee Cinema and none of its movies in Top 5 this week

I was expecting Colors Cineplex Bollywood to enter Top 5 (Free platform) this week but that has not happened. I think it will gradually happen if they schedule movies properly

Star Gold on top in TRP charts, Star Gold 2 and Star Utsav Movies doing quite well in respective segments.

Sony Wah far behind competitors on Free Dish and even in other segments. Sony Max too sliding behind Zee Cinema and none of its movies in Top 5 this week

I was expecting Colors Cineplex Bollywood to enter Top 5 (Free platform) this week but that has not happened. I think it will gradually happen if they schedule movies properly

I agree. Star-Disney is really doing quite good. Just that repeat broadcast of Laxmi movie needs to be avoided. This is the only issue with them that when a film is premiered they repeat it numerous times if TRP was good.

Btw, just concerned, if there is any way to track HD channels TRPs separately?

Why don’t discovery India make any promos for Discovery Science and Discovery Turbo? Do they purposely want these channels to fail or what?
These are running Asia feed now. I don't think Discovery India is in responsible of these channels now.

Star Gold will benefit from having IPL on weekends.

I agree. Star-Disney is really doing quite good. Just that repeat broadcast of Laxmi movie needs to be avoided. This is the only issue with them that when a film is premiered they repeat it numerous times if TRP was good.

Btw, just concerned, if there is any way to track HD channels TRPs separately?

Yes, they need to avoid repeating films as well as not air popular films in non prime slots. Films like Bajrangi Bhaijaan should b reserved for weekend or special days.

Regarding having access to other channels ratings, well buddy i have no information on this. I also want to know about ratings of remaining SD as well as HD Hindi Movie chs

Yes, they need to avoid repeating films as well as not air popular films in non prime slots. Films like Bajrangi Bhaijaan should b reserved for weekend or special days.

Regarding having access to other channels ratings, well buddy i have no information on this. I also want to know about ratings of remaining SD as well as HD Hindi Movie chs
First Neeraj Vyas needs to step down from SPN. Despite Star’s Bollywood strategy reaping rich dividends, he refuses to look beyond South or launch new Bollywood channels. It’s clear that Sony has milked the South cash cow bone-dry, and that most audiences are preferring Star’s Hindi diet across 9 channels to Sony’s strategy of 3 South + 1 Hindi (SM2). For dubbed movies there will always be Dhinchaak. SPN needs to realise this at the earliest and this will not happen as long as Neeraj is there in the company.

Re: HD channel TRPs, only Comedy Central HD is usually visible in the TRP charts. It’s up to BARC to publish HD ratings or not, but there are already so many categories (Pay/Free/Urban/Rural) and introducing HD will create confusion.

Last edited:
These are running Asia feed now. I don't think Discovery India is in responsible of these channels now.
Its still a separate Indian feed, they just made it follow whatever Asian one is showing and the Asian version of Discovery Turbo is called DMAX

Discovery Science : TV schedule India
Discovery Science Asia schedule

Discovery Turbo : TV schedule India
DMAX Asia schedule

Even before the schedule change both channels didn’t have any promos and only showing Discovery Channel promos

Last edited:
First Neeraj Vyas needs to step down from SPN. Despite Star’s Bollywood strategy reaping rich dividends, he refuses to look beyond South or launch new Bollywood channels. It’s clear that Sony has milked the South cash cow bone-dry, and that most audiences are preferring Star’s Hindi diet across 9 channels to Sony’s strategy of 3 South + 1 Hindi (SM2). For dubbed movies there will always be Dhinchaak. SPN needs to realise this at the earliest and this will not happen as long as Neeraj is there in the company.

Re: HD channel TRPs, only Comedy Central HD is usually visible in the TRP charts. It’s up to BARC to publish HD ratings or not, but there are already so many categories (Pay/Free/Urban/Rural) and introducing HD will create confusion.

I will not b so harsh on anyone bcoz these r team decisions though it is high time that Sony pays more attention to bollywood films as it can bring in lot of success. Star post takeover by Disney is doing super excellent job by constantly ramping up bollywood content and they r leader in this segment, variety of films is also quite brilliant. It is true Sony Wah market share has been captured by Dhinchaak and Sony needs to rethink strategy

Still I think max is better than gold
Gold shows movies which r really boring
Max shows movies which r never boring
Good movies with messages, good action thriller and horror movies
So i think max dewana bana de is correct tag
Wah is utter flop channel
So if they show only 90s films in Wah and max 2 80s 70s movies will b enjoyable

So according to me
1st Max
2nd & Pictures
3rd Gold
4th zee Cinema
5th Dinchaak
6th star utsav movies
7th Z anmol cinema
7th Z action

Last edited:
So according to me
1st Max
2nd & Pictures
3rd Gold
4th zee Cinema
5th Dinchaak
6th star utsav movies
7th Z anmol cinema
7th Z action
In terms of Hindi movie library my ranking is (only main channels, no SUM/ZAC/SWH/RCX):

Correct me if any obvious mistake.
  1. Star Gold
  2. &pictures
  3. Zee Cinema
  4. Star Gold 2
  5. Colors Cineplex
  6. Sony Max
  7. UTV Movies

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock