Discussion General discussions on Rebranding and Revamping idea for Indian TV channels

JollyLNB

News Columnist
Reaction score
This combination of the logo and graphics package has already broken the record for being the longest-running on Indian television. And it crosses another milestone today. It was introduced on New Year’s Day 2009 and it crosses 14 years today.

pYIvz6z.png

Probably it’s time Star Movies and Star Movies Select finally introduce a new logo and graphics since the latter is launching an SD feed.

Last edited:
Meanwhile it's stupid to revamp without a purpose. You revamp a failed business out of desperation. Or do cosmetic changes to create a brand. If you have to change your logos every other year. That means you have no faith in the brand.

Dude, So what's the big deal about it? You're so obsessed with rebranding and packaging doesn't justify that every channel on tv should rebrand.

Also, Is this something that requires a separate thread?? I don't think so.

Also, Is this something that requires a separate thread?? I don't think so.
I wouldn’t have created a separate thread if not for the fact that Star Movies Select is launching an SD feed. I don’t have to create one every year. It’s only this one time. And if I didn’t, people might have paid less attention.
Dude, So what's the big deal about it? You're so obsessed with rebranding and packaging doesn't justify that every channel on tv should rebrand.
I am not asking for every channel to rebrand. I am asking only for Star Movies (Select) and Jalsha Movies since they haven’t done so for a decade. In fact I would also like Star Plus to rebrand since their current look is all over the place, and the thumbnails of some of their YouTube videos are horrible in terms of fonts. But I don’t have to ask for it.

Anyway, I won’t create such threads hereafter if that’s what you want.

I am not asking for every channel to rebrand. I am asking only for Star Movies (Select) and Jalsha Movies since they haven’t done so for a decade. In fact I would also like Star Plus to rebrand since their current look is all over the place, and the thumbnails of some of their YouTube videos are horrible in terms of fonts. But I don’t have to ask for it.
Why bro? Is the logo affecting your viewing experience? I think it still looks nice and gives the same feeling as we pretty much watch same content.

Frozen was the first movie I ever saw on HD at my uncle's house. When I watch that movie. I get the same awwed feeling. Despite watching 4K vidoes.
Anyway, I won’t create such threads hereafter if that’s what you want.
You have freedom to create as many threads as you want. If the thread is repeatitive. I think team members will merge with. That's not a problem. I am reporting this thread to become rebranding related discussion. You can recommend a thread title.

Also off topic. Sony's rebrand should've been today. They did the rebranding out of blue. It would've been nice watching a new look after the midnight countdown.

From my perspective, Star movies can do a complete graphics revamp and do some minor changes in logo just like what Star Plus did in 2018. Star movies select shall remain the same for the time being.

Star Vijay 1st logo was been there for 17 years from 2001 to 2017.
Then how Star Movies has the record?

Last edited:
From my perspective, Star movies can do a complete graphics revamp and do some minor changes in logo just like what Star Plus did in 2018. Star movies select shall remain the same for the time being.
In January 01st 2015 midnight Star World got a fresh graphics package with same logo. Colors Infinity also did same on New Year. I forgot the year.

Star Vijay 1st logo was been there for 16 years from 2001 to 2016.
Then how Star Movie has the record?
Post modified to state the combination of the logo and graphics. Vijay might have had the same logo but the graphics changed every few years.
ETV logo?
Even though the logo is the same, the graphics changed every now and then, which is not the case with Star Movies.
Why bro? Is the logo affecting your viewing experience? I think it still looks nice and gives the same feeling as we pretty much watch same content.
As @dino29 bhai had said, Movies Now and Star Movies are two channels whose logos are classics. Even I feel nostalgia looking at this logo. I wouldn’t say it looks bad at all, but it’s a little outdated and a change would be nice.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock