Discussion General News & Updates About Tata Play

• Thread starter dinesh19
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 19,495
  • Views: Views 2,581,967
Sky name won't be dropped as the agreement to use the brand name is between Tata and Sky UK Ltd (Sky International AG), and not with 21st century fox.

Sky UK Ltd is an independent company just that owners have changed.

So Tata Sky has taken rights to use the sky name from Sky International AG.

It has nothing to do with 21CF, Comcast or Disney.

There is a connection bhai and i had discussed this in detail few months back. Tata and Star jointly started DTH business. Star/Fox held majority stake in Sky hence was able to use/licence Sky trademark in India. Now that Sky is owned by Comcast hence Sky trademark cannot be used by Disney which is new owner of Star India. After expiry of agreement changes r bound to happen one way or another.

Tell me one thing if Disney decides to continue its venture with Tata in DTH sector then why will it allow name of a company from its competitor Comcast to be used in their business? Sky name will continue only if Comcast buys Disney stake or Tata Sky takes over full control and signs some trademark agreement or working partnership with Comcast

There is a connection bhai and i had discussed this in detail few months back. Tata and Star jointly started DTH business. Star/Fox held majority stake in Sky hence was able to use/licence Sky trademark in India. Now that Sky is owned by Comcast hence Sky trademark cannot be used by Disney which is new owner of Star India. After expiry of agreement changes r bound to happen one way or another.

Tell me one thing if Disney decides to continue its venture with Tata in DTH sector then why will it allow name of a company from its competitor Comcast to be used in their business? Sky name will continue only if Comcast buys Disney stake or Tata Sky takes over full control and signs some trademark agreement or working partnership with Comcast

Bab, first u must read whats written right below on TS website. They clearly said they use the Sky brand as they have license to use it.

AFAIK the agreement to use the license is between 2 parties: Tata and Sky International AG.

Yes since 21CF was also owning 30% Stake in TS and also in Sky, the licensing process was easier. But the agreement to use the brand name was between Tata and Sky, not between Tata and 21CF.

Now since the owners have changed of both Star and Sky, the agreement still holds as it was between Tata and Sky. Note that Sky is an independent Company too and can make own decisions.

And i am waiting to see ADTV name changed once they merge/acquire with DishD2H. Either way a new name will be there once they finish the process.

Anish bhai why do u see each of my post as an attempt to show Tata Sky in bad light? This is where u get the entire meaning wrong. Here too there was no criticism involved but ur response is again finding wrong motive in it. Each time i do a constructive debate such things r brought in and time is wasted on it. Mods please take note, if this continues then it will be extremely difficult to have meaningful exchange of views.

Also Anish bhai u r free to criticise airtel, i am not a blind supporter of any brand. I leave it for members to decide as to what they find genuine or lacking in substance.

Bab, first u must read whats written right below on TS website. They clearly said they use the Sky brand as they have license to use it.

AFAIK the agreement to use the license is between 2 parties: Tata and Sky International AG.

Yes since 21CF was also owning 30% Stake in TS and also in Sky, the licensing process was easier. But the agreement to use the brand name was between Tata and Sky, not between Tata and 21CF.

Now since the owners have changed of both Star and Sky, the agreement still holds as it was between Tata and Sky. Note that Sky is an independent Company too and can make own decisions.
Very well in detailed reply bro. 👌🏻👍🏻

And i am waiting to see ADTV name changed once they merge/acquire with DishD2H. Either way a new name will be there once they finish the process.
👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

Anish bro I think that even after ADTV & DishD2h merge there will be no rebranding of these 3 dth services.
In my view there will be a single company With a new name having 3 Sub brands I.e. Airtel digital tv, dish tv & d2h.

Bhai, go thru the facts once more. I am making statement based on proper understanding of ground reality. Agreement was between Tata and Sky and you r right Sky is a different company but as i stated Fox/Star was their majority shareholder hence the move was made to get licence. Star chose Sky trademark as it was used in many countries for DTH business. Licence will hold till term expiry of contract. Post which next move will happen.

Also u did not answer last part of my previous post. Will u operate a business and give it name of rival? If so then u r extremely generous and i appreciate that but don't think Disney will do the same. Though they may contribute towards wellbeing in society thru charitable work hence be generous in other way :)

But what is the relationship between satellite replacement and brand name change @dino29 bro ???

Why r u searching for relations between things where none exist and neither have i established one? I just mentioned 2 things which r waiting to happen in near future.

It is just that u r seeing my comments with a inverted lens hence it is sounding weird to u

Last edited:
Anish bhai why do u see each of my post as an attempt to show Tata Sky in bad light? This is where u get the entire meaning wrong. Here too there was no criticism involved but ur response is again finding wrong motive in it. Each time i do a constructive debate such things r brought in and time is wasted on it. Mods please take note, if this continues then it will be extremely difficult to have meaningful exchange of views.

Also Anish bhai u r free to criticise airtel, i am not a blind supporter of any brand. I leave it for members to decide as to what they find genuine or lacking in substance.

Sorry to get in to this discussion, but most of the posts you make in TataSky comes across as a masked attempt to malign or belittle TataSky by way of long posts pretending to be neutral. That is why we feel so. This is just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock