Get flight and rail updates on cable TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

prakash_Tv

Reaction score
SCV (Sumangali Cable Vision) set top box subscribers can view round-the-clock flight and rail information on their television screens.

According to an SCV official, the two channels for the service — to be named I Flight and I Rail — will be launched in about 20 days’ time and they will be free channels.

As part of the test run, subscribers in some areas including Valasarawalkam, Velachery, Porur and Alwarthirunagar, have received flight information for the last one month, he said.

“We don’t have a tie-up with the Airport Authority of India (AAI). Instead, we have agreements with some of the websites that offer this service. This is an attempt to boost the customer base in the city,” said a top official of SCV.

Once, both these channels go on air, viewers can receive 24-hour updates on the departures and arrivals of flights as well as trains from both Chennai Central and Egmore stations, he added.

“We are working out the ways for the display of rail information. The test run for this service will begin in two weeks time and eventually it will be on air,” the official said.

Apart from these two channels, they are looking at launching a cinema channel, I Cinema, as well.

Here the viewers can look at the availability of tickets for movies in various theatres in the city. “We have signed up with few theatres as of now. We plan to bring in as many theatres as possible,” he said.

Source : Get flight and rail updates on cable TV - The Hindu

in SCV Analogue mode im getting the channel flight details information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock