Google home app does not detect xsteam box

swamypdn

Reaction score
Sir, i was using Google home app to mirror my smart phone to tv through airtel xstream box.but now Google home does not detect the xstream box .is there any fix for this problem .i have reinstalled Google home app many times.

Same problem bro, Also when it gets detected you can't add it to any room or control using google assistant. I contacted google regarding this as this is certified android TV box but they told me that since airtel hasn't done full integration with google you can't use full Google Home functionality. They took my request as a feature request and said that if large number of people call them with same request then developers me look into this matters.

Sir, i was using Google home app to mirror my smart phone to tv through airtel xstream box.but now Google home does not detect the xstream box .is there any fix for this problem .i have reinstalled Google home app many times.
Same issue.I've contacted Airtel technical team and they told me that this will be solved in the future. They are providing google nest mini as an offer without even checking it's compatibility with the xstream box. However, Airtel internet tv works fine. They may solve this issue if there are more complaints. I contacted them via twitter dm.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same problem bro, Also when it gets detected you can't add it to any room or control using google assistant. I contacted google regarding this as this is certified android TV box but they told me that since airtel hasn't done full integration with google you can't use full Google Home functionality. They took my request as a feature request and said that if large number of people call them with same request then developers me look into this matters.
How did you contact them?

How did you contact them?
On your Google Home app --> Tap on your google account logo on top right corner ---> Select Help & Feedback ---> Speakers and display ---> The bottom option should be Contact Us and you would get call option there ---> Fill in the request callback form and they will call you.

On your Google Home app --> Tap on your google account logo on top right corner ---> Select Help & Feedback ---> Speakers and display ---> The bottom option should be Contact Us and you would get call option there ---> Fill in the request callback form and they will call you.
Thanks

The problem with xstream box adding to google home is now fixed, i successfully added xstream box to google home and it work's well with google nest speaker. I've been reporting this issue since last year with airtel team and I'm glad that they finally fixed this.

After the latest System update(September) for STB, the TV can now be added to a room in your Google Home app.

Earlier this was returning an error, due to which we were not able to control it via Google home or voice commands.

Anyway, see the attached screenshots and check the Cast and Firmware version.

xnP3SrD.jpg

vX5V4EU.jpg

XV4OLo6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock