Breaking Google TV on Airtel xStream?

• Thread starter davinc
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 2
  • Views: Views 5,604

davinc

Reaction score
I tried to install the new Google TV (google's own launcher with content aggregation, revamped Android TV). I could install the APK (I disabled airtel's launcher). The google launcher loaded fine, but it couldnt show the content, said "Error Unable to load home".
May be airtel xstream box is not allowing it to aggregate the content. Did someone try?
For the adventurous, one can try this How to Get the Google TV UI on Android TV Devices Right Now/. Only the last step when they uninstall the android launcher, just disable airtel launcher with:

hsw4026atl:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.airtel.tv
Package com.airtel.tv new state: disabled-user

and then press "Home" button. It should ask to switch Google TV (or other launcher if you have installed).
Another problem is that we cannot watch Airtel channels then. If somehow it loaded as an app instead of launcher, it would have been good. Or I hope Airtel brings Google TV to xstream!

I tried to install the new Google TV (google's own launcher with content aggregation, revamped Android TV). I could install the APK (I disabled airtel's launcher). The google launcher loaded fine, but it couldnt show the content, said "Error Unable to load home".
May be airtel xstream box is not allowing it to aggregate the content. Did someone try?
For the adventurous, one can try this How to Get the Google TV UI on Android TV Devices Right Now/. Only the last step when they uninstall the android launcher, just disable airtel launcher with:

hsw4026atl:/ $ pm disable-user --user 0 com.airtel.tv
Package com.airtel.tv new state: disabled-user

and then press "Home" button. It should ask to switch Google TV (or other launcher if you have installed).
Another problem is that we cannot watch Airtel channels then. If somehow it loaded as an app instead of launcher, it would have been good. Or I hope Airtel brings Google TV to xstream!
That because officially Google TV is currently available in US alone. If using VPN, you can see content aggregation.

Thanks Kiran. I didnt try the VPN, but it looks ok. I think the UI would look similar to what Airtel gives, an aggregation of content across the apps.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock