Got a D2h Stream BOX!!!

Reaction score
Hello All,

I got the d2h Stream Box. I ordered the Box on 26-12-2020 evening and got installed on the 27-12-2020 by 12 PM. I upgraded my old HD box with this one.

Initially, I was most excited to buy this box. But when the technician came home and after 10 mins of installation..the excitement has gone! :(

Reasons:
  1. Initially, they had said they come and install the new box around 9:30 AM. But the technician visited my place at 11:30 AM.
  2. To Deactivate the old one and Activate a new box it took about 40 mins.
  3. The Technician did not have experience/knowledge of Android Box installation.
  4. At the first stage, the box was NOT able to connect to the Wi-Fi network at all. The technician was not able to explain why it's not able to connect to my Wi-Fi Network. (See my comments on why this issue is below)
  5. The Technician does not know how to change the Audio Language from normal Stereo to Dolby Audio on HD Channels.

After he completed everything, I could only use the box for viewing only the normal TV channels, NOT any of the apps. On the same day, I posted my feedback to the d2h team via Twitter. They came back with their regular Customer support reply. (Till now they have not given a concrete reply to my feedback on Twitter).

But I received the call from d2h local team on Monday to know the issue and another technician visited my home to check the Wi-Fi connection issue. He said that "to connect the Stream box to the wi-fi, both the box and Router be in the same room, even if you have a wall in between that not work!!!"

Note that I have my router on the second floor and my Stream box on the first floor.

This surprised me because all the gadgets I have in my home connects to the same wi-fi network without any issues. I connect to the same for example, mobiles, laptops, and one Blu-Ray player (5 years old one). But this one not at all connected to the Wi-fi.

So to connect the d2h stream box to the internet both the box and router to be in the same room. Sometimes it’s unlike because everyone will have their own network setup accordingly to their need. But if you want to use the d2h stream box in your bedroom you need to have a router in a bedroom or you need to spend some more money to buy a Wi-Fi extender or Mesh network system.

(To connect the Wi-Fi network to the box, I have brought the Mesh Network system which cost about 8.5K.) Otherwise, you can’t use the Stream box with your Wi-Fi setup. You may need to use your Hotspot to connect to the internet. They have used very cheap quality hardware for the in-built Wi-Fi component.

As I observed, the box does not come with pre-installed apps except the Prime Video. All other apps should be installed manually.

Still, yet play around with it.

Except for the above major issue, the box looks okay, not so great with respect to the Quality.

Regards!!

U could have bought an Tatasky Binge or Xstreme box instead of this... Buying an additional mesh for 8.5 k?? Lot of investment brother...

U could have bought an Tatasky Binge or Xstreme box instead of this... Buying an additional mesh for 8.5 k?? Lot of investment brother...

Yes, agree with you. The problem is since I already had a d2h connection, I did not want to add one more antenna at my terrace. Since on the second floor, my sister and her children use the desktop for their studies. So I did not have another option. I had another option was having two broadband connection for both the house. But paying every month for each connection would costlier than this.

Even if had gone to TataSky or Airtel boxes, I had to pay for almost 5K for the new connection. I took about a week time to think of all these and then went to the mesh network.

Hello All,

I got the d2h Stream Box. I ordered the Box on 26-12-2020 evening and got installed on the 27-12-2020 by 12 PM. I upgraded my old HD box with this one.

Initially, I was most excited to buy this box. But when the technician came home and after 10 mins of installation..the excitement has gone! :(

Reasons:
  1. Initially, they had said they come and install the new box around 9:30 AM. But the technician visited my place at 11:30 AM.
  2. To Deactivate the old one and Activate a new box it took about 40 mins.
  3. The Technician did not have experience/knowledge of Android Box installation.
  4. At the first stage, the box was NOT able to connect to the Wi-Fi network at all. The technician was not able to explain why it's not able to connect to my Wi-Fi Network. (See my comments on why this issue is below)
  5. The Technician does not know how to change the Audio Language from normal Stereo to Dolby Audio on HD Channels.

After he completed everything, I could only use the box for viewing only the normal TV channels, NOT any of the apps. On the same day, I posted my feedback to the d2h team via Twitter. They came back with their regular Customer support reply. (Till now they have not given a concrete reply to my feedback on Twitter).

But I received the call from d2h local team on Monday to know the issue and another technician visited my home to check the Wi-Fi connection issue. He said that "to connect the Stream box to the wi-fi, both the box and Router be in the same room, even if you have a wall in between that not work!!!"

Note that I have my router on the second floor and my Stream box on the first floor.

This surprised me because all the gadgets I have in my home connects to the same wi-fi network without any issues. I connect to the same for example, mobiles, laptops, and one Blu-Ray player (5 years old one). But this one not at all connected to the Wi-fi.

So to connect the d2h stream box to the internet both the box and router to be in the same room. Sometimes it’s unlike because everyone will have their own network setup accordingly to their need. But if you want to use the d2h stream box in your bedroom you need to have a router in a bedroom or you need to spend some more money to buy a Wi-Fi extender or Mesh network system.

(To connect the Wi-Fi network to the box, I have brought the Mesh Network system which cost about 8.5K.) Otherwise, you can’t use the Stream box with your Wi-Fi setup. You may need to use your Hotspot to connect to the internet. They have used very cheap quality hardware for the in-built Wi-Fi component.

As I observed, the box does not come with pre-installed apps except the Prime Video. All other apps should be installed manually.

Still, yet play around with it.

Except for the above major issue, the box looks okay, not so great with respect to the Quality.

Regards!!
I upgraded my airtel HD stb to xstreame stb with free of cost bro. U spend 8.5k for streame box in that u could have purchased 3 to 4 d2h connections.

Yes, agree with you. The problem is since I already had a d2h connection, I did not want to add one more antenna at my terrace. Since on the second floor, my sister and her children use the desktop for their studies. So I did not have another option. I had another option was having two broadband connection for both the house. But paying every month for each connection would costlier than this.

Even if had gone to TataSky or Airtel boxes, I had to pay for almost 5K for the new connection. I took about a week time to think of all these and then went to the mesh network.
You could have bought binge/ xtream Stb alone and used with your existing D2H out door unit

Last edited:
Sorry to say this but I think you ended up paying unnecessarily ,instead you could have just bought Binge/ xstream box and used it with existing antenna.

You could have bought a new airtel xtreme connection or tatasky binge+ instead of wasting 8.5k for extender just to save from additional antenna

Regarding the antenna you could have provided to some needy person or sold to kabadi wala😅

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock