Got a new Dish TV connection

sng_shivang

Reaction score
After the new TRAI regime, dealing with my local operator was becoming a pain especially for my grandmother so I decided to ditch digital cable (SITI) for DTH. I already had another tata sky dth connection since last 10 years so thought to go for a change. Here is my experience:-

1. Booked Dish TV HD connection at website for ₹1780 (not sure about the exact figure).
2. Within 10 minutes, I received a call from local Dish TV office asking about the installation. Told them to schedule the installation the next day.
3. The next day, there was no sign of install until 6 PM when it became almost dark.
4. He only had 10m wire which was not at all sufficient for 2 storey house so the installer used my Siti Cable wire which was more than sufficient.
5. Installation was completed within 1 hour using flashlights and torches. They activated Swagat HD pack, which is absolute rubbish.

I found dish tv to be very simple in terms of UI, quality of box, remote, etc compared to Tata Sky. It works just fine but customer service, website, app and number of channels lag far behind Tata Sky which I already have for my mother and father. Let's hope they don't drive me nuts.

After the new TRAI regime, dealing with my local operator was becoming a pain especially for my grandmother so I decided to ditch digital cable (SITI) for DTH. I already had another tata sky dth connection since last 10 years so thought to go for a change. Here is my experience:-

1. Booked Dish TV HD connection at website for ₹1780 (not sure about the exact figure).
2. Within 10 minutes, I received a call from local Dish TV office asking about the installation. Told them to schedule the installation the next day.
3. The next day, there was no sign of install until 6 PM when it became almost dark.
4. He only had 10m wire which was not at all sufficient for 2 storey house so the installer used my Siti Cable wire which was more than sufficient.
5. Installation was completed within 1 hour using flashlights and torches. They activated Swagat HD pack, which is absolute rubbish.

I found dish tv to be very simple in terms of UI, quality of box, remote, etc compared to Tata Sky. It works just fine but customer service, website, app and number of channels lag far behind Tata Sky which I already have for my mother and father. Let's hope they don't drive me nuts.
Why bro you took dishtv, you could have taken Tatasky or Airtel.
I am a Dishtv user for more than a year and I am sick of it
1.No User demanded channels added on time
2.No proper user feedback implementation
3.Slow and Lazy services
4.Addition of Useless Channels in Multiple Slots
I can just go on and on
I am waiting for my pack expiry date to go for Tatasky or Airtel

Last edited:
Worst decision bro...last time I had set favorites for my mother and it was reset after software update...she had to suffer for 4-5 days....should have bought tatasky only

Oh! God why DishTV if looking for cheaper Independent TV is good option and for quality no one can match Tata Sky.

Congrats Bro 💐. And a request plz don't compare to TS. If you compare , mention another two DTH also🙏

Congratulations.

But you might have chosen the wrong DTH. Pathetic customer services, ui is ok, 30 days lock in period, out dated app, stubborn attitude what else, I forget the count. Hopefully your preferred DTH proves me wrong.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock