• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,903

Bapun

Staff member
Community Manager
Solutions
Reaction score
The festival will last till May 22. The objective of both the Ministries is to promote destinations via Film Tourism, especially as the Ministry of Tourism is already promoting India as a tourist destination in Cannes Film Festival, the I and B said here today.

This is being done in the backdrop of film locations playing a critical role in determining tourist traffic from abroad.

The Ministry of I and B through its platform 'India Pavilion' at Cannes aims to utilise the forum of film festivals and markets with the aim of promoting Film Tourism and India as filming destination.

The National Film Development Corporation Ltd, a PSE under the aegis of the Ministry of I and B, has been entrusted with the task of promoting Indian cinema internationally, which includes promoting India as a destination for film making and filming, starting with a presence in the Cannes Film Festival.

The Corporation was set up with the primary goal of planning, promoting and organising an integrated and efficient development of the Indian film industry and to foster excellence in cinema.

The initiatives being planned in Cannes and in other film markets and festivals across aim at facilitating collaborations between the Indian film industry and the global film fraternity in the realm of production and distribution.

Film Bazaar India, set up by NFDC in 2007, was part of the objective to enable the achievement of this vision.

--UNI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock