Good News Govt to launch DD International news channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wont be DD India, It will be DD Modi...
Another channel to showcase his publicity. Please concentrate on health infrastructure first, then we can have channel to project our country.
Let this be clear. Some news channels in India may favor the person sitting in power. But DD has truly represented itself as unbiased, with just reporting as it is

No Indian news channels have been able to capture an international audience like BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera, etc have. WION is a good attempt, but even they have failed in this respect. I am doubtful of DD's ability to create a successful international news channel.

Then what purpose does DD News serve?
DD News and Rajya Sabha TV covers news related to India. RS TV produces top quality show with very rich content like Security Scan, Big Picture, Law of the land etc. The purpose of DD India was to produce content for international audience. But they did not produced their own content. Instead they broadcasted those RS TV shows. So duplication of content happened. There was little to no international news in DD India. Now to change it, Prasar Bharati floated a consultation paper for launching a separate channel exclusively for international audience. As far as i know they will act like BBC World, RT etc and will cover international issue. That won't be a problem as DD has already a huge presence of journalist over the world. We can expect this channel in next 1.5 to 2 year.

Global media like BBC, ABC (Australia), DW, France 24 etc. are unbiased and critical of their country's government. Their views are independent. Same isn't the case with CGTN, Al Jazeera (Arabic), RT etc. who wants to express their countries views to the world. By trying to express Indian views to the world. Let's not fall in the category of later half.

Global media like BBC, ABC (Australia), DW, France 24 etc. are unbiased and critical of their country's government. Their views are independent. Same isn't the case with CGTN, Al Jazeera (Arabic), RT etc. who wants to express their countries views to the world. By trying to express Indian views to the world. Let's not fall in the category of later half.
Unfortunately not many people even realize that these categories exist :(

Last edited:
I will put BBC in 2nd category too. I dont watch abc,dw,f24. But so called independent view is also somebody's view. So technically both category are same. There is nothing called 'independent' view. The thing which align with our thought becomes independent and which donot align becomes biased. But both are actually same.

Last edited:
Exactly DD is being used to uplift the countries image and it's not wrong it's just like tourism ads 😁😅

I will put BBC in 2nd category too. I dont watch abc,dw,f24. But so called independent view is also somebody's view. So technically both category are same. There is nothing called 'independent' view. The thing which align with our thought becomes independent and which donot align becomes biased. But both are actually same.
By independent view. I meant British government having no say in it's editorial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock