Gsat 15 launch on 10th Nov15(now launched successfully)

• Thread starter Sekar
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 34
  • Views: Views 6,112

Sekar

Reaction score
Gsat 15 launch from Spaceport, French Guiana
(The Guiana Space Center) on 10 Nov 2015.
Designated Flight VA227 in Arianespace’s numbering system, the upcoming heavy-lift flight will orbit Arabsat-6B along with GSAT-15.

checkout is underway for GSAT-15 inside the S1B preparation hall with antenna reflector deployment testing. The Indian Space Research Organisation-developed GSAT-15 – which will be riding in Ariane 5’s lower position – is to offer C- and Ku-band telecommunications services.

Arianespace - Launch program activity

Re: Gsat 15 launch on 10 November 2015

The satellite have 24ku band tps of 36mhz.lets wait and see who uses this satellite

Gsat 15 launch on 10 November 2015

sudheep said:
The satellite have 24ku band tps of 36mhz.lets wait and see who uses this satellite
i think it's for DDFD.

RE: Gsat 15 launch on 10 November 2015

GSAT-15 is designated for 93.5°E, which gives a fair idea who will use it... ;););) it also carries 2 GAGAN payloads after Gsat 8 and 10 and hence wont be placed along with any of those... :no:no

RE: Gsat 15 launch on 10 November 2015

GSAT-15 is an Indian geostationary Ku-band communications satellite.
GSAT-15 was approved by the Government on 17 July 2013. The satellite built on the I-3K bus carries 24 Ku-band transponders and a GAGAN (GPS Aided Geo Augmented Navigation) payload. It will provide replacement for the Ku-band capacity of INSAT-3A and INSAT-4B satellites to augment and support the existing DTH and VSAT services in the country. The GAGAN payload of GSAT-15 will meet the in-orbit redundancy requirement for Safety of Life (SOL) operations benefiting the civil aviation services in the country.

Re: RE: Gsat 15 launch on 10 November 2015

Gssran said:
i think it's for DDFD.

24 ku tps are too much for ddfd.i think ddfd only uses 8tps from this sat

Re: Gsat 15 launch on 10 November 2015

Dish tv have enough tps with them.sun is going to use measat4b&RDTV is not interested in dth business.So i think a new dth player from a foreign country can use this tps

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock