GSAT 31 launched from French Guiana

• Thread starter Basil
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 14
  • Views: Views 3,991
G sat 31 is at 83 east...i think it contain only ku band transponders...what will happen to c band channels if insat 4a stoped its operation

Already more than 600 indian tv channels broadcasting via foreign satellite...12 c band transponders empty in g sat 10..g sat 17 using by itv network only...all the revenue goes to foreign satellite:cry:

G sat 31 is at 83 east...i think it contain only ku band transponders...what will happen to c band channels if insat 4a stoped its operation

Insat 4A will continue little longer and C Band chs will remain there till then, also with Ku band becoming free load will be lowered thus increasing life of satellite.

2ndly GSat 10 was supposed to be additional satellite to Insat 4A for Tata Sky but as its launch got very delayed hence ISRO offered it to TS as replacement which they declined to accept. Hence to accomodate needs of Tata Sky and provide future safety net , C Band on GSat 10 was kept empty so that life of satellite can be increased. Later on C Band chs of Insat 4A will move to GSat 10

Already more than 600 indian tv channels broadcasting via foreign satellite...12 c band transponders empty in g sat 10..g sat 17 using by itv network only...all the revenue goes to foreign satellite:cry:

Govt. had tried to bring in policy for making indian broadcasters shift to local satellites but it was not feasible. There were issues of not having adequate teleport infrastructure , coverage area being limited as well as other issues which i don't clearly remember

Last edited:
Insat 4A will continue little longer and C Band chs will remain there till then, also with Ku band becoming free load will be lowered thus increasing life of satellite.

2ndly GSat 10 was supposed to be additional satellite to Insat 4A for Tata Sky but as its launch got very delayed hence ISRO offered it to TS as replacement which they declined to accept. Hence to accomodate needs of Tata Sky and provide future safety net , C Band on GSat 10 was kept empty so that life of satellite can be increased. Later on C Band chs of Insat 4A will move to GSat 10

Govt. had tried to bring in policy for making indian broadcasters shift to local satellites but it was not feasible. There were issues of not having adequate teleport infrastructure , coverage area being limited as well as other issues which i don't clearly remember
Bangladesh launched their satellite bangabandhu 1 on 2018 may.... government ask all channels to shift bangabandhu satellite and just look now...all shifted to their own satellite....g sat 9 at 97east also have 12 ku band tp for saff nations...only bhutan using...rest all are empty..:(

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock