GSAT 6 Launch date Dec'12

Greatachiever

Reaction score
Just got news that GSAT-6 is getting launched in Dec'12 after GSAT-10 is launched in Aug'12.

It is in the same position of 83 degree east which tata sky is currrently using so tata sky can use this satellite after GSAT-10 to add more SD and HD Channels.

GSAT 6/Insat 4E... Great...

171aD.jpg

thats a great news... any info about the TPs... how many C and Ku:huh

From some sites i collected some info about Insat 4E... Also a image of this satellite sharing here... Still searching for more information about it...

Satellite Name: Insat 4E (GSAT 6)
Position: 83° E (83° E)
Norad:
Cospar number:
Operator: Indian National Satellite System (INSAT)
Launch date: 30-Dec-2012 (Estimated)
Launch site: Satish Dhawan Space Centre (Sriharikota)
Launch vehicle: GSLV
Launch mass (kg): 2132
Dry mass (kg):
Manufacturer: Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
Model (bus): I-2K (I-2000) Bus

Orbit: GEO
Expected lifetime: 12 yrs.
Details: 5 CxS transponders and 5 SxC transponders to provide entertainment and information services to vehicles through Digital Multimedia consoles and to the Multimedia mobile Phones.
Power: 2 deployable solar arrays, batteries

The indian Cabinet in December 2004 gave its approval to undertake design, develop & launch GSAT-6 / INSAT-4E, a multi-media mobile satellite system, at a total estimated cost of Rs. 269 crores with a foreign exchange component of Rs. 102 crores. Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)) proposes to build a state-of-the-art National Satellite System (GSAT-6) / INSAT-4E) that will offer a Satellite Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (S-DMB) service, via mobile phones and mobile video/audio receivers for vehicles. The satellite capability can also be utilized for strategic and social applications. This satellite will also provide a platform for developing techniques and technologies which will be useful in future satellite based mobile communication applications such as demonstration of large unfurlable antenna in spacecraft, handheld ground terminals and network management techniques. GSAT 6/INSAT-4E will have five C × S transponders each of 9 MHz bandwidth and five S × C transponders each of 2.7 MHz bandwidth which will together cover the entire country. GSAT-6 / INSAT –4E is a part of GSAT/INSAT system planned for initiation in 10th Five Year Plan and the funds have been already provided in the approved 10th Plan. The GSAT-6 / INSAT-4E will be launched in 2010 by the GSLV with a lift-off capability of 2100 kg. The life of the satellite will be 12 years.

gsat-6__1.jpg

so really if tata sky want to expand its customer base and to add more sd and hd channels they are having now two satellites with lots of KU band transponders which they can use if they are really interested.:c

it will be enable tata sky to add more channels... and i guess more hd channels...:)

But tatasky has already gsat 12 @ 83*e.why should they good for this when that will provide them lots of space @ Mr.HD.

GSAT-6 launch date pospotoned from Dec'12 to 2nd quarter of 2013 due to shortage of launch vehicles.

pl find the link below:

http://www.satlaunch.net/2012/04/gsat-6-launch-date-update.html

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock