GSAT30 C band on 90cm Dish- Not worth.

knd1983

Reaction score
Hi!
I tried to get GSAT30 @ 83E on 90cm Offset dish. [After searching a lot, got a airtel dish that is used on apartments as per the shop guy, cost 1150 INR]..

Vertical TP are easily available, Horizontal TP are almost impossible.
The results are not good if compared to having a side LNB for same satellite - That too with prime for 68 and then side LNB for 83E!!
Might try something else on 90CM dish after looking at satbeams if there is any powerful satellite!
Snapshots : Not ready. I tried to align dish with tire and stones as base. Its support pipe is bigger than 60cm dish's.

Regards,
Kiran

first of all, this 90cm a.k.a. 3 feet dish is not enough for C band reception. but still you can manage to get stable signal from some strong trandponders. try 105.5e Asiasat-7 satellite, you may get some good number of channels

Yes.
I gave a try to possibilities from East to West.. Asiasat @105 gets almost all transponders when sky is clear. But Filmi and Sahara One always available.

90cm Dish not enough was my thought too. But ST 2 at 88.0°E C band is so strong that I get it in 2ft dish Ku dish comfortably- was one year back. I just wonder why all Satellite makers cant target EIRP > 50!. It will be cool, simple and low cost to latch on to FTA channels around us!

first of all, this 90cm a.k.a. 3 feet dish is not enough for C band reception. but still you can manage to get stable signal from some strong trandponders. try 105.5e Asiasat-7 satellite, you may get some good number of channels

Last edited:
Got UNTV and TVK Cambodia from Measat!
Got DD* channels from GSAT30 (vertical TPs). Very fine tuning may be required to get more (because, I get 3859H6921 on a 6ft dish, main lnb at 68 and thus GSAT30- 83E on a side lnb).

Zee Keralam, Zee cafe [both encrypted] and from APSTAR7 also has about 62% signal. channel named "itahari" also was scanned, just 32% signal.

Which Satlites we can catch in delhi in 90 cm ku antenna ? I am looking for reused my old 90 cm ku anteena ..

@knd1983 are you in Manipal, KA?
In North India signals are stronger I think. Here in the south, we have weaker EIRP.

@knd1983 are you in Manipal, KA?
In North India signals are stronger I think. Here in the south, we have weaker EIRP.
Yes! You got it right.
I thought the signals on south india should be stronger because we are more closer to the equator/satellite!
Would it mean...... 3925 and 3805 TP of 83E are better and available all day in north india????? I wondered why ISRO sent satellites with such bad TPs!

Yes! You got it right.
I thought the signals on south india should be stronger because we are more closer to the equator/satellite!
Would it mean...... 3925 and 3805 TP of 83E are better and available all day in north india????? I wondered why ISRO sent satellites with such bad TPs!
Yep, even initially I was thinking the same. However realized over time that the beams are centered up north and we are on the edge of the beam and have lower EIRP. If you look at the satellite footprints, you can see the signal strength on the map. You may check the Footprints here

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock