DTH updates [Guide] How to move/relocate channels in SunDirect

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 30
  • Views: Views 10,511
Is it available on Airtel DTH???
I don't think so. My sister has an Airtel DTH HD box. It did scour that STB's settings when I visited her a couple of weeks ago. There did not seem to be an option available for rearranging channels.

That said, her STB must be at least 3 years old. Meaning, there is a possibility of the newer STB models having such an option in Airtel DTH.

So, you would be better off posting this question in the Airtel DTH forum.

Great feature! l highly prefer the DTH when it come to favourite option if it working. Before that only one D2H company providing great favourite option but limit of 80 channel only.

Edit: ln above paragraph l talked about channel rearrangement only. D2H not providing channel rearrangement, l like their favourite option.

Last edited:
No, even Airtel fav option is pathetic like every other DTH
I am using Sun Direct's favorite option. I find it to be quite good after the UI update last month.

Once we add channels, the favorites can be directly accessed by the FAV button in the remote control. As soon as we add channels to them, each Favorite (1 to 8) gets added to the OK button channel list menu as the last item.

I renamed Favorite 1 and 2 as Custom 1 and 2, and added a bunch of channels to each.

Now both Custom 1 and Custom 2 are listed under the OK button menu as the last 2 items.

Once I select a channel within Custom 1 or 2 by using the FAV button, then I am able to use the Program Down or Up buttons to go to the next or previous channel within Custom 1 or Custom 2.

Once we reach the last or first channel within a Favorite, pressing the Program Up or Down buttons circles us back to the first or last channel within that Favorite.

I no longer use the OK button to bring up the channel list menu. I am only using the FAV button. It directly takes me to Custom 1 or Custom 2.

Last edited:
It looks like any user changes to the numerical order (sorting) of the channels, are getting reverted back to the default/original numerical order whenever one of the following happens:

1) A Channel is added or removed.

2) A Genre is added or removed.

Both these things seem to have happened yesterday:

1) The channel 'Reporter TV' was removed.

2) The Genre named 'Bouquet' was removed (refer quoted post below).

I am not sure which of the above 2 changes caused it, but when I switched on the STB last night, all the channels that I had rearranged (sorted to my preference) were back to their original order.

I went ahead and rearranged them to my preference again.
It looks like Sun Direct has removed the genre named 'Bouquet' from the GENRE section of the OK button menu. This genre was empty, without any channels listed in it. It was in between the genre named ALL and the genre named TAMIL.

It got removed from my STB after did a factory reset yesterday.

How to cancel move/relocated channels
If it is only a few channels that you want to revert back to their original positions (or move them to new positions), you can do it by using the same method outlined in the first post of this thread.

If you had relocated a lot of channels and you want to revert all of them back to their original positions, then the easiest way to accomplish that would be to probably do a Factory Reset of your Set Top Box. There aren't too many Settings in the Sun Direct STBs anyway. So, you could easily setup any of your other previous Settings that the Factory Reset reverts back.

Filter channel by LCN. Tap OK 》hit Blue button (l think Blue for filter) 》LCN 0-9 》Ok

You cant revert action.
Are you referring to the menu that pops up when we press the OK button? I am not sure if that menu works the same way anymore. I believe many of the Sun Direct STBs received an UI overhaul last month. After the UI overhaul, the OK button menu does not look the same way anymore. Also, the sort option that was available in the OK button menu is not available anymore.

As of now, when the OK button menu is already open, pressing the red, yellow, blue or green buttons does nothing. Well at least, that is the case in my STB (Model: HSG002 Type: SD box with inbuilt Smart Card).

Does the method that you have outlined still work in your Sun Direct STB? What is your STB model?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock