Hathway Launched Android Set Top Box

Amazing update! No doubt why these things are happening so quickly hathway is in full mood to turn partnership with Jio. Can't wait for it as TataSky is expiring in October and I will exchange my HD or SD STB with this one.

Last edited:
“One of the strengths of Hathway Play box is our cooperation with some of the most popular play-services. In addition to Google Play and YouTube, we are delighted that Netflix, the world’s largest streaming service will be available in Hathway Play box at launch and that our customers can easily access their content via the button on the remote control,” said Rajan Gupta, Managing Director, Hathway.

Hathway partners Google to launch Android TV-based OTT set-top box - ET Telecom

This is good, we are getting more options with increased competition as Jio is going to launch their services, any updates on price.

If you want to know more info on each box.
Both are manufactured by the Chinese company SEI Robotics also (behind Google's ADT-2 dongle).

The OTT box is an HDMI dongle called the 'Play Box', code name OTH-100.
Android TV - Hathway - Play Box

The DVB-C Hybrid box is called the Ultra Smart Hub, code came DVB ATV-100.
Android TV - Hathway - Ultra Smart Hub

Both devices are 1080p only (no 4K) and run on an Amlogic S805X processor with Android TV Oreo.

Hathway deploys Verimatrix cardless solution to secure its DVB hybrid cable box

Cable TV and broadband company Hathway Cable and Datacom has selected Verimatrix next-generation cardless solution to secure its new DVB Hybrid Cable Box, which is the first set-top box (STB) of its kind in India to be built on Android TV O (Oreo) operating system.

To secure its Android TV deployment, it is essential for Hathway to have a separation between pay-TV security processing and data from other applications. Verimatrix has prior experience providing the necessary isolation, including decryption, for Android TV using VCAS Ultra.

Hathway deploys Verimatrix cardless solution to secure its DVB hybrid cable box – TelevisionPost: Latest News, India’s Television, Cable, DTH, TRAI

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock