Hathway to not renew MSM Media Distribution contract in DAS II areas

• Thread starter Thakur
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 15
  • Views: Views 2,292

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
Multi system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable and Datacom has decided not to renew the contract with Multi Screen Media (MSM) due to the unappealing content of its channels and continued decline and inconsistency in ratings.

“Dripping ratings and average content cannot be a base for a broadcaster to take distribution platforms for a ride by demanding hefty growth year on year. In fact, it requires major correction in the subscription fees that the broadcaster charges. The concern with Sony Entertainment Television, the flagship channel of Multi Screen Media (MSM), has been witnessed over the last year wherein their content lacks appeal & demand as compared to other leading networks and does not deserve a growth, which was raised by us to the broadcaster. All the other channels in the MSM bouquet are also irrelevant and don’t offer any compelling content,” said a company spokesperson.

Recent figures reinstate the fact that the flagship channel, Sony Entertainment Television has been on the decline in all major DAS and HSM markets.

Based on the BARC ratings released for Week 31’15 (period 1-7 August 2015) for CS 4+ All India, Sony Entertainment TV stands at fifth position with only double-digit GRP of 77 compared to other GECs like Star Plus (197 GRP), Colors (157 GRP), Zee TV (122 GRP), Life Ok (106 GRP).

Hathway has taken a decision not to renew its contract with Multi Screen Media in DAS II markets where it has expired based on the above reasons. In DAS I markets, where the contract expires on 31October 2015, Hathway will offer MSM channels on ala-carte basis to the consumers and not as part of any of the packages till the expiry of the contract.

“MSM had moved to TDSAT and filed a petition against our move to shift their channels to ala-carte. We are happy to state that TDSAT dismissed MSM’s petition Vide order dated 14 August 2015,” added the Hathway spokesperson.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/cable-tv/msos/hathway-to-not-renew-msm-media-distribution-contract-in-das-ii-areas-150819

Sarkar said:
So MSM loose more customer along with TATASKY subscribers :lol

6 days left :huh
10 msm channel removed
I think HD channel Not removed

THAKUR 4K said:
6 days left :huh
10 msm channel removed
I think HD channel Not removed

HD is only a tiny fraction so SD gives 10 times more money so it should be opposite ;)

Please removed all msm channels because 20th August 2015started sl v/s india test match i hope Hathaway started all msm channels soon or lost a big %of viewers

I requested to Hathaway please start all msm channels in 20th August 2015 i hope Hathaway listen my request and keep my request.

Ranjit said:
I requested to Hathaway please start all msm channels in 20th August 2015 i hope Hathaway listen my request and keep my request.

So you are ready to pay all MSM chs as a-la-carte ?:huh

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock