Good News Having a weird problem with my Xstream box!

thgreatv

Reaction score
Guys this is my first message and thread I am creating, so thank you for having me here.
I recently upgraded from the Airtel HD set top box to the Airtel Xstream box for a better experience. I installed the box as in the video link shared by Airtel and it booted to the main screen. I then updated the software and the apps from play store. After that I logged in to Netflix and played and test video and it did play well. Next I opened Amazon Prime Video, logged in and played a test video just to check. Here the video played properly for a few seconds and then completely froze. No button worked except for the home button which took me back to the main screen. I restarted the box and opened Amazon Prime Video again to see if the problem persists. To my surprise it worked perfectly this time. Next I again opened the Netflix app to check and here only subtitles were displayed for a few seconds and no audio or video. This happens every time I switch on the Airtel Xstream box (I can only use one of the apps among Netflix or Amazon Prime Video, if I want to use another app I have to restart). Disney+Hotstar works fine. Have no other apps installed. I have tried resetting the box a few times but the same problem persists. Can this be an issue with the box?
I have a VU 50 inch 4k smart LED TV (not Android) paired to the Airtel Xstream box. DTH service works perfectly fine. Any inputs? Thank you all in advance.

Last edited:
Hi....since already you tried hard reset of STB which normally work in such situation, can you try changing HDMI cable / port which could possible reason for this issue.

Hi....since already you tried hard reset of STB which normally work in such situation, can you try changing HDMI cable / port which could possible reason for this issue.

Hi thank you for your reply. I tried connecting the Xstream box to other HDMI ports but sadly ended up with the same result.

What about trying with anothr HDMI cable ? Also resetting box means you have done hard reset using option Android settings -> Device Preferences -> Reset ? Usually it should resolve the issue. Also please check if you have latest software version 1.0.2726.

What about trying with anothr HDMI cable ? Also resetting box means you have done hard reset using option Android settings -> Device Preferences -> Reset ? Usually it should resolve the issue. Also please check if you have latest software version 1.0.2726.

I tried using another HDMI cable but the result is the same. Yes I tried all the methods of hard reset including reset with pin from below the box which didn't help. The box is running latest software version 1.0.2726.

Have placed a complaint yesterday. Hoping for a quick resolution. Thank you for helping!

Guys my issue got solved after two complaints and 10 days.
The second technician I spoke to (on call) seemed to know the exact problem I had and told me to do a couple of things which solved my issues.
He said issues with OTT apps are quite common with the Xstream box.
I had to go to settings>android settings>apps>show system apps>TVstorage>clear data after that had to restart the box and my issue was resolved. (y)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock