Having Trouble tracking Eutelsat 70B

• Thread starter k.ram
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 0
  • Views: Views 1,002

k.ram

Reaction score
Namaste All,

I have been trying to track Eutelsat 70B and ABS2 with a DishTV monoblock LNB fitted to a regular Videocon D2H Dish. For somereason - the best signal I am able to receive from ABS2 has 10% Quality. I even tried getting a (tata sky) technician - (he is the only person in my area). He is totally confused - and asks me why the signal quality is low??!!! He even suggested that maybe the beam is not available in India - it is meant for other countries or something. He further said ABS sounds so Ukranian - may be it is for that country and there is no beam in India (!!!???!!).

I have also tried with a single Solid 80DB High gain LNB (for only Eutelsat 70B). I am unable to get any signal lock on this satellite.

I spent almost a whole weekend scanning the entire South-West Quadrant for faint signals - but no avail. Even ABS2 Signal quality never went past 30% ??? At the elevation settings given for Eutelsat 70B there is absolutely nothing - ABS2 could be tracked at an elevation 20 degrees less that what was supplied in the website (satsig ...?). But the signal quality was so poor, that even white clouds made the STB complain.

BTW - I am having a STC 500 which is pretty much similar to Solid HDS2-6042. I think both are same - the solid one being re-branded. Both are manufactured at Pune by Swaroop Techno Components Pvt. Ltd..

Is a ~70CM Dish enough, or do I need some thing more big? The place I live is mountainous amidst the Western Ghats. Trees or other natural formations (like hills etc.) could affect signal quality - but these are atleast 200 ft. away from the dish. I do not see these in the way of the dish - but I may be wrong. Has this got anything to do with the geographic location? I am totally confused.

I checked the satellite footprints - and it seems to be quite adequate in S.India.

I would appreciate any help in this regard. If photographs of the setup or surroundings are required, I can post it.

It's been almost 2 weeks I am trying to get a signal from ABS2 or Eutelsat 70B and based on general reading - it did not seem such a difficult task.

Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock