Seeking Help HD 552lR Box

l created thread but not got reply yet on my query

Also, I am not aware if you had the chance to read all the 10 pages of the thread you had linked. In case you didn't, people aren't responding, because not many are probably using that method to view additional channels.

The reason being, Sun Direct blocks all channels and disables the STBs of users who fiddle with their STB. I am quoting the related posts from that thread here. Make your decision after going through all the posts I am quoting. Because you could probably brick your STB by doing this. It is a pretty risky move.

Quotes from the thread you had linked earlier:

Won't people from Sun Direct know we are using this hidden menu to scan channels we are not supposed to? And probably block our Smard Cards for doing so? ;)

There is no way for Sun DTH to know who all are using this method. They can update the SW for everyone to block this option. No ones smart card can be blocked as in the receiver there is no two way communication. It's just a receiver
I wouldn't be so sure of that. They blocked my Smart Card once. All channels were showing black screen error, even though my base pack and addon packs were active. After I registered a complaint with Customer Care, a local technician called me and asked me if I used my STB with a different Smart Card (or my Smart Card in a different STB). I told them no. Then they told me to email them photos of my Set Top Box in such a way that the Serial Number on the box's label was visible. When I inquired why, they told me that Sun Direct usually disables/blocks Smard Cards/STBs of users who try to use them with a different STB/Smart Card. Then they unblocked my channels after verifying the photos I emailed them.

So, even though I am not sure if they can identify if we are using this hidden menu, I believe they could still block all channels for any given Smart Card, if they want to. I mean, isn't that what Smart Cards are for -- to block all channels after the base pack expires?

Note:

A month or 2 before this happened, I actually did try to use my Chennai Smart Card in the Sun Direct STB we have in Salem. I wanted to see if it works, so that I could use that method to view TV whenever I went to Salem. Because we did not recharge the Salem Smart Card regularly. Well, it did not work. I guess because Sun Direct somehow ties each Smart Card with a particular STB, in such a way that only those 2 work together. So, from then on, I have been taking both my Chennai STB and Chennai Smart Card to Salem. I just plugin the wire from my Salem Sun Direct's dish antenna to my Chennai STB, and it works fine.

hello frinds don't do that any time your smartcard will be blocked automaticly,

already i am doing this last year my smartcard is blocked and not releasd.

now i am using only dd free dish channels in that stb.

This is my smartcard no: 10556437084

error : Invalid Smartcard.

i am not change STB or smartcard both are same when i am purchased.

Smart card blocked

Are Are u serious ??

yes,

sun dth customercare telling me your stb and card was bricked you will get both new and pay amount.

is there anybody still watching DD Free dish channels without block..?? I too wanted to try on my new HD Box

try your own risk bro,

Also, I am not aware if you had the chance to read all the 10 pages of the thread you had linked. In case you didn't, people aren't responding, because not many are probably using that method to view additional channels.

The reason being, Sun Direct blocks all channels and disables the STBs of users who fiddle with their STB. I am quoting the related posts from that thread here. Make your decision after going through all the posts I am quoting. Because you could probably brick your STB by doing this. It is a pretty risky move.

Quotes from the thread you had linked earlier:

Thx for your effort. l already read it n aware of it.

l dont force them to do that, l only want to know that any chance to open hidden menu in that box only. Not trying them to add channel that way.

Anybody .. anybody will confirm if the box able to perform below action

Menu > Help > tap red button > hidden menu open

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock