Seeking Help Hdmi cec not working

HappySoul

Solutions
Reaction score
Guys hdmi cec is not working for me post initial boot however if reboot the binge+ box from settings while TV is still on, next time hdmi cec working . Anyone else facing same issue?

How to validate:
If it shows tata sky bing in the input popup and vol+ and - working , then hdmi cec is working fine..when not working it will show the input as hdmi 1 or 2 .. instead of tata sky bing

What is hdmi cec?
With hdmi cec you can control your tv power and vol + - using binge+ remote without pairing.. for example if you enable volume control under hdmi cec, on pressing vol + button it will pass the command to the stb but instead of controlling binge+ box volume it will control tv volume . Same technology used in firestick

How it is better than pairing?
Pairing works with IR technology whereas hdmi cec will work with Bluetooth/IR as you are not passing the control command to tv directly..instead you are sending to stb and stb is sending the command to the tv through hdmi

Guys hdmi cec is not working for me post initial boot however if reboot the binge+ box from settings while TV is still on, next time hdmi cec working . Anyone else facing same issue?

How to validate:
If it shows tata sky bing in the input popup and vol+ and - working , then hdmi cec is working fine..when not working it will show the input as hdmi 1 or 2 .. instead of tata sky bing

What is hdmi cec?
With hdmi cec you can control your tv power and vol + - using binge+ remote without pairing.. for example if you enable volume control under hdmi cec, on pressing vol + button it will pass the command to the stb but instead of controlling binge+ box volume it will control tv volume . Same technology used in firestick

How it is better than pairing?
Pairing works with IR technology whereas hdmi cec will work with Bluetooth/IR as you are not passing the control command to tv directly..instead you are sending to stb and stb is sending the command to the tv through hdmi
Bro, I'm also facing same problem since one month..not working properly...

So I disable the option. It's not a big irritating for me. And I till don't know, how it's function. But with my HT, working fine. TV - HT.

Ahzar Bro. I think it's work fine with, for example digilink in LG, Bravia in Sony. But our TV has not this link.

I found the issue..if the tv is already started , then you switch on the binge+ box , hdmi cec is working..it is not working when the tv and stb is started together ..android smart tv must be on and must be on homescreen before the stb for this feature to work

So technically non smart tv and HT will work!

I don't understand the logic of tataplay. we Indians we don't keep our tv and box in standby mode, we have the habit of directly switching off from mains 😅

But tataplay is assuming this feature will work in non smart tv which is rare these days or tv and stb is in standby mode always!

Some admins have contact with tataplay software department please test yourself and highlight this..today technician came and I explained him everything...let's see what happens

Last edited:
Finally issue is fixed..my tv was connected to stabilizer and as you know stabilizer delay the output by few seconds and so I connected my stb adapter also to the stabilizer, so now both are starting together and hdmi cec works now 🙂😎

Whats the advantage:
I no longer need to select input, after booting to homescreen it is automatically taking to the tataplay binge screen i.e automatically selecting input..

On powering off stb, it is powering off tv also and vice versa..volume of the tv can be controlled now without pairing or using it in IR mode.

Super happy!

Anyone else facing same issue please check my point

Last edited:
Don't change the box. I already said, the TV want synchronisation, like Bravia and digilink in LG, etc... Do you on your CEC in TV?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock