Help:6 Feet Solid Dish but cant tack any sat with Solid HDS2-1740

Reaction score
Hello Friends,
I have bought a new 6 feet dish and solid 1740 model set top box and dual output c-band lnb but i have tried to track many satellites which are easily accessible by you people but i am not successfuli in tracking any of them like 103 Express AM,ASIASAT 7,YAHSAT 1A :'( .. signal strenth 70-80% in all but 0% signal quality in all of them...
Actually i m a doctor by profession but still i have much interest in electronics and i wished to track satellites but couldn't....:wall
I will appreciate you all friends n admin if u can help me...
Thanks

abdurrahman6034 said:
Hello Friends,
I have bought a new 6 feet dish and solid 1740 model set top box and dual output c-band lnb but i have tried to track many satellites which are easily accessible by you people but i am not successfuli in tracking any of them like 103 Express AM,ASIASAT 7,YAHSAT 1A :'( .. signal strenth 70-80% in all but 0% signal quality in all of them...
Actually i m a doctor by profession but still i have much interest in electronics and i wished to track satellites but couldn't....:wall
I will appreciate you all friends n admin if u can help me...
Thanks

When you can spend Rs 3,000/- for a 6" dish, I hope you will not mind spending Rs 300/- for a Satellite db Meter Solid SF-12 Satellite db Meter

This must have small tool is your companion to hunt satellites. Give it a try.

Feku said:
When you can spend Rs 3,000/- for a 6" dish, I hope you will not mind spending Rs 300/- for a Satellite db Meter Solid SF-12 Satellite db Meter

This must have small tool is your companion to hunt satellites. Give it a try.
i have it but it doesnt seem to b very sensitive...i use skype to keep a watch over signal quality while adjusting antenna...
Feku i would appreciate if u can guide me to adjust accurately the skew of solid c-band lnb and elevation of my prime focus 6 ft solid dish

abdurrahman6034 said:
i have it but it doesnt seem to b very sensitive...i use skype to keep a watch over signal quality while adjusting antenna...
Feku i would appreciate if u can guide me to adjust accurately the skew of solid c-band lnb and elevation of my prime focus 6 ft solid dish

Why to use Skype for it? Also skew is for fine tuning.
Try this ...

1. Cable from LNB -> satellite meter -> Your cable to receiver (make sure your receiver is ON)
2. Set the rotary dial of the satellite finder to a position where the tone just starts beeping
3. Then try with a easily get strong signal satellite (ex: 83E, 100E, 107E,78.5E) and you will hear the tone of satellite meter, if there is a signal
4. Once you get a signal then do fine tuning
5. If you use Android phone, install this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=zekitez.com.satellitedirector&hl=en and get an idea about your satellite direction and elevation

Sir how do we measure the correct skew of the c- band lnb and elevation of the prime focus antenna after getting it from the android app: satellite finder
Thanks

abdurrahman6034 said:
Sir how do we measure the correct skew of the c- band lnb and elevation of the prime focus antenna after getting it from the android app: satellite finder
Thanks

As I told you skew is for fine tuning. Rotate the LNB only until you get the max signal quality. And I have not explored yet how to read/set the LNB skew :(

Even if I have 100cm Ku-band offset dish, earlier I was struggling to get 93.5E for DDFD. Now with the help of satellite signal meter I can track all most all satellites which covers my location as per my dish size, including C-Band !!!

Caught IS20@68E C-Band with 100cm offset dish

i am nascent in this area FEKU...i have a Solid HDS2-1740 model..every satellite tracker talks about blind scan...what is it and how its different from auto or manual scan??...and how can i do blind scan in my stb if possible???:huh
thanks

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock