Help me to choose between Videocon D2h and Dish TV

Vallavan

Reaction score
Hello Everybody,

I need your advice on choosing DTH service.

I have been using my Cable network from the time I started watching TV.
Now it is getting degraded with not so good quality and HD setup box costing 4k Rs. And the SD is doing no justice to my 32inch TV

Since I was paying 250 pm to my cable operator, something around that mark would be good.

For the past three days, I have been doing some research in terms of DTH services available.
Since I am from South- Tamil settled in Maharashtra, I wanted something that can benefit me more.

I checked on Videocon D2h HD recorder
And this is what I found and thought of going for.

Initial setup box charge is 1720 Rs

Super South Gold pack - 241 Rs ( It has good amount of channels for Tamil excluding the Jaya Network)

HD premium add- As you are aware the HD premium access costs 50rs more than HD normal add on, so it will be valuable to go with the Hd premium which costs 150 rs

I would be opting for recording feature which will cost me 30 Rs.

I cannot exclude Jaya network so adding 18 rs more for 3 channels

It totals to 421 Rs

I would be opting for multiroom benefit with long term recharge so it would cost me around 621. Which would be shared by me and my sibling around 300 Rs.

The customer service on Videocon D2H seems to be good as I got a callback within 30 minutes and also the South gold pack with hd premium access has good amount of channels but the alacarte is a bit expensive.

Videocon d2h also mentions about simultaneous recording of another channel so it is a plus. The website layout is also simple which could be easily understood for New visitors.

Now coming to Dish TV Hd with recorder

I checked with the South packages and decided to go with Family Sports
(It has good amount of Tamil channels and also you get language pack to fill any void of tamil channels so no necessity of Addons like the Jaya network for Videocon)

Here is a question, Will I be able to add The base pack with Alacarte ie Family sports with South HD channels Add on( Sun+K+Gemini+Sunmusic) which would be 220+ 40 = 260

Yes, I am missing on a lot of HD channels compared to videocon but this should suffice as if it is required I'll use Ala carte option and there are not many people in my family who wishes to watch other than Tamil channels.

I am not sure about the recording charges but it seems that it is there.

So it would cost me around 290 (as I added 30rs recording charges)

Now for the multiroom benefit, I can buy the 2nd box for 1599 and I can pay 250 Rs for that.

Also it has a condition applied that "To avail 2nd connection, the base pack of your main connection should be super family and upwards"
This is a little confusing and will I be eligible if I choose South India Family sports pack?

I would be happy to get it down below 300 rs per month for each user with the multiroom benefit

Coming to the customer service, I could not get hold of the customer care even after trying for the nationalised and localised numbers, which was disappointing.

Can the DTH users of these both companies can correct me and guide me on the above?

I haven't opted for other DTH services as they don't have south channels in HD. Sundirect has it but it was actually discouraging when I saw their channel lists.

Also the SD and HD quality matters especially for South channels.

Thanks

Vallavan bro welcome to ddf:eek:hya:eek:hya:luv:luv:tup:tup,bro currently d2h & adtv is good for south customers,my suggestions go for adtv:k,dish tv also good but dish tv pack is costly:k

U can't avail regional :HD packs alone in DishTV ; U should select the main :HD pack also...

I think Jaya channels provided free for d2h south customers....

No recording fee in DIshTV i believe :huh

Rahulan Ratnarajah said:
U can't avail regional :HD packs alone in DishTV ; U should select the main :HD pack also...

I think Jaya channels provided free for d2h south customers....

No recording fee in DIshTV i believe :huh

Ok! Do you mean I have to choose the SD pack + HD pack + HD Addons in order to complete my package. Thats bad then

For Jaya TV, it is still on their Ala carte add on list.

Even I am not sure as it is not mentioned anywhere where I browsed in Dish TV.

U check the conditions for tht regional :HD pack in DishTV...

No Tamil customers paying for Jaya channels ! Free Jaya top up is given to us :k

Vicky said:
Vallavan bro welcome to ddf:eek:hya:eek:hya:luv:luv:tup:tup,bro currently d2h & adtv is good for south customers,my suggestions go for adtv:k,dish tv also good but dish tv pack is costly:k

Thanks Vicky.

Adtv does not have all Sunnetwork in HD.

Yeah that's what I thought since Dish tv can't provide base pack with Addons.

jairaj said:
I think airtel digital tv is suitable for you.

Thanks for suggesting.

Airtel DTH is not in my list just for this reason.

No Sun Music HD and KTV HD.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock