Help on Tatasky HD with Blu-Ray Player & HDMI

• Thread starter Niwin
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 11
  • Views: Views 6,053

Niwin

Reaction score
1. Can some one pls share me the rear panel for Tatasky HD STB. Please share the images of the latest boxes, 2014-2015
2. I'm planning to buy a Blu Ray Player which has HDMI in's. Now if i connect TS STB's HDMI out to Blu-Ray Player's HDMI-IN and from the Blu-Ray Player's HDMI out to TV's HDMI, can i experience 5.1 surround sound.

Equipment List
1. TS HD STB.
2. Sony Blu-Ray - BDV-N7200W : Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems : Home Theatre System : Sony India
3. Sony HD TV - KDL-42W900B : W900B Series : BRAVIA™ LED TV / LCD TV / HD TV / 4K TV : Sony India

Please help.. Thanks.

Yes, you should be able to get 5.1 DD sound with that set up.

jdrocks said:
Yes, you should be able to get 5.1 DD sound with that set up.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you tell me if you have tried this ? How are you sure ? I've been doing some research all day, nothing convincing. :|

Niwin said:
1. Can some one pls share me the rear panel for Tatasky HD STB. Please share the images of the latest boxes, 2014-2015
2. I'm planning to buy a Blu Ray Player which has HDMI in's. Now if i connect TS STB's HDMI out to Blu-Ray Player's HDMI-IN and from the Blu-Ray Player's HDMI out to TV's HDMI, can i experience 5.1 surround sound.

Equipment List
1. TS HD STB.
2. Sony Blu-Ray - BDV-N7200W : Blu-ray Home Theatre Systems : Home Theatre System : Sony India
3. Sony HD TV - KDL-42W900B : W900B Series : BRAVIA™ LED TV / LCD TV / HD TV / 4K TV : Sony India

Please help.. Thanks.

I have :
1. LG HD TV
2. SONY HTS
3. TS HD+

And yes.. I get 5.1 surround sound. Though you might need to buy a few extra cables. But it's totally worth it.

BTW.. if this doesn't work(IT WILL) Just connect TV and HTS with the AV cables for audio.

Varenya Mehta said:
I have :
1. LG HD TV
2. SONY HTS
3. TS HD+

And yes.. I get 5.1 surround sound. Though you might need to buy a few extra cables. But it's totally worth it.

Can you be more specific on
1. what type of cables should be required ?
2. I would still want to use the native HDMI ports for 5.1 surround, are you saying this is not possible ?
appreciate your response.

Hope this may help. The images of stb
I purchased this STB on October 2014
a0Taxwt.jpg

UXgEcWG.jpg

ABCDEFGH said:
Hope this may help. The images of stb
I purchased this STB on October 2014

Much appreciated.
May i ask you to throw some light on the back panel, just to see the sockets of the connectors in detail (about the digital audio out). Thanks.

Niwin said:
Much appreciated.
May i ask you to throw some light on the back panel, just to see the sockets of the connectors in detail (about the digital audio out). Thanks.

From left the first connected is the wire coming from dish
The second is usb point (unusable)
The red, yellow and white points are for av connection
The point beside the above three points is digital optical output
Beside that is HDMI point

Niwin said:
Can you be more specific on
1. what type of cables should be required ?
2. I would still want to use the native HDMI ports for 5.1 surround, are you saying this is not possible ?
appreciate your response.

1. Normal AV cable. Generally its yellow and red coloured.
2. It is possible. Was just telling you about an alternative. Sometimes you need to know extra jugaads. Right? ;)
3.Will try and send some pics of my setup if required. PM me for that :)

Do like the post / Give Reps if you like or appreciate the help.

Niwin said:
Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you tell me if you have tried this ? How are you sure ? I've been doing some research all day, nothing convincing. :|

The HDMI In ports on the Sony HT are there only to connect external devices like STBs.

Check out the operating manual for the Sony HT here:
http://download.sony-asia.com/consumer/IM/4485800111.pdf

I was using Sony HT with Sony LED and TS STB years ago and it works perfectly to give 5.1 sound.

However, with your selected model you would only get upto DD 5.1. It is not compatible with DD+ 7.1 thru HDMI In. With this setup, the HDMI setting on TS STB will need to be kept at DD, not DD+. TS currently does not provide any DD+ output channels btw. It should not be an issue as the HT itself is 5.1.

You don't need any other cables other than 2 HDMI as you have mentioned. Connect TS STB HDMI Out to Sony HT HDMI In. Also connect the HDMI Out from the HT to the HDMI port on the TV that supports ARC (audio return channel) to output any TV specific sounds also thru the HT. That way, using the same HDMI cable, in addition to getting video on the TV, you can set the TV to output audio thru the HT only for any USB or Internet content played directly on the TV.

Go for it! You can even check out your local Sony Centre to get first hand confirmation.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock