Seeking Help Help required to shift to TataSky

redlofredlof

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am currently an Airtel DTH user.
Although the shift to Trai based packs was not too much of a hassle but I feel that the lack of HD channels on Airtel does not justify me paying their NCF.
Moreover, the quality of some SD Channels Like VH1 is very bad on Airtel.

What I need help with?
1: How is the Quality of VH1HD and MTVHD? Do these channels provide 5.1Ch sound or Dolby 2Channel sound?
2: The price on Tatasky has changed from 2200 rupees to 1967 rupees, which is still more expensive than the offers on Amazon.in
Is it safe to buy from Amazon? If so, who does the installation as the box etc might arrive via courier. I do not know how to install a dish etc.

Links:
TS purchase page: Get New Connection
Amazon: Amazon.in: tatasky

Fun Fact:
My very first DTH was TataSky. I gave to to my cousin when I was moved to South India.
My previous connection is still active. Bought it 2005.

Last edited:
I can't comment on those two channels quality, as they are not available on Airtel. But, if HD channels PQ/AQ is your priority, stick with Airtel. If SD is your priority, you can switch to Tata Sky.

I can't comment on those two channels quality, as they are not available on Airtel. But, if HD channels PQ/AQ is your priority, stick with Airtel. If SD is your priority, you can switch to Tata Sky.
I think I might need to visit a store or two to see the picture and Audio Quality of these music channels.
When I had TataSky in the past (Mpeg2 Era) the quality of VH1 was pathetic.
When I switched to Airtel, it was bad here too.

Now that most HD channels have better sound quality then SD channels I was hoping I could get an opinion here.

Hi All,

I am currently an Airtel DTH user.
Although the shift to Trai based packs was not too much of a hassle but I feel that the lack of HD channels on Airtel does not justify me paying their NCF.
Moreover, the quality of some SD Channels Like VH1 is very bad on Airtel.

What I need help with?
1: How is the Quality of VH1HD and MTVHD? Do these channels provide 5.1Ch sound or Dolby 2Channel sound?
2: The price on Tatasky has changed from 2200 rupees to 1967 rupees, which is still more expensive than the offers on Amazon.in
Is it safe to buy from Amazon? If so, who does the installation as the box etc might arrive via courier. I do not know how to install a dish etc.

Links:
TS purchase page: Get New Connection
Amazon: Amazon.in: tatasky

Fun Fact:
My very first DTH was TataSky. I gave to to my cousin when I was moved to South India.
My previous connection is still active. Bought it 2005.

1. Vh1hd pq is not that great but mtvhd pq is awesome.
Mtvhd sometime provides 5.1 Dolby audio but vh1hd is only Dolby 2.1 audio.

2. You can order it via amazon. You will not get product by courier. Tata sky will call you about your order and then your local tata sky technician come to your home with tata sky set top box, dish, lnb, remote for installation.

1. Vh1hd pq is not that great but mtvhd pq is awesome.
Mtvhd sometime provides 5.1 Dolby audio but vh1hd is only Dolby 2.1 audio.

2. You can order it via amazon. You will not get product by courier. Tata sky will call you about your order and then your local tata sky technician come to your home with tata sky set top box, dish, lnb, remote for installation.
With the recent change in Amazon marketplace sellers. Can I buy it from any seller on Amazon or do you suggest that I look only for Amazon Fulfilled?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock