Hindi content in East Africa

iS THAT ME

Reaction score
Hindi content in East Africa

SRL73.png
+
lMTLg.jpg

Zuku, the East African three-in-one service provider, has signed a deal with Pamoja Telcom to launch Hindi- language comedy channel SAB TV on its cable and DTH service. With over 100,000 Asians in Kenya alone there is real demand for Hindi programming, something that Zuku is keen to address with this latest deal, which follows on from the Zee and Star deals which made Indian programming widely available in the region for the first time.

SAB TV, which means ‘everyone’ in Hindi, is India’s only family comedy entertainment channel with a core brand promise of ‘Asli Mazaa SAB ke Saath Hai’ (‘Real Fun is with Everyone’). The shows are light-hearted and make for an enjoyable ‘family-viewing’ experience. SAB is owned by Sony India, whilst Kenyan company Pamoja Telcom represents the channel in the region.

Hannelie Bekker, MD of Wananchi Programming said: “We have a growing number of Asian subscribers so adding more Hindi-orientated programming in all our channel bouquets is a key part of Wananchi’s differentiation and positioning in the market, catering to all East African populations. I am delighted to be working with SAB TV which has proved its ability to aggregate the best Indian comedies, as well as occasional movies targeted at the Indian community.”

SAB TV is available on channel 172 through the Jumbo bouquet and as part of the DTH Asia Premium bouquet.

Source

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock