Breaking Hindi Regional Audio Language Feed added on Sports18 -1 SD Channel by ADTV

As for me channel not activated and for my set top box model i can see language feed by press blue button when channel is activated. Another option is when i change channel and back to sports18 1 sd channel till EPG shows on screen i can check audio feeds but then if i take pic no channel showing coz channel not subscribed channel showing blank

Viacom18 distributor team is too much stratagical
They know how to grab attention of viewer
They telecast wc fifa in hindi commentary on mtv hd so they telecust Hindi commentary on sports 18 1 sd channel
So that hindi listener addicted and get taste of Hindi commentary and demand to broadcaster for hd feed also hence they decided not to add hi di commentary on sports18 1 hd channel

Now 2 things outcome of this
1) now onus is on adtv to add mtv hd to give adtv subscriber chance to watch wc on hd with Hindi commentary
2) it's move of adtv to add hindi commentary exclusive on sports18 1 sd so if they failed to add mtv hd hindi listener not get offended

Viacom18 distributor team is too much stratagical
They know how to grab attention of viewer
They telecast wc fifa in hindi commentary on mtv hd so they telecust Hindi commentary on sports 18 1 sd channel
So that hindi listener addicted and get taste of Hindi commentary and demand to broadcaster for hd feed also hence they decided not to add hi di commentary on sports18 1 hd channel

Now 2 things outcome of this
1) now onus is on adtv to add mtv hd to give adtv subscriber chance to watch wc on hd with Hindi commentary
2) it's move of adtv to add hindi commentary exclusive on sports18 1 sd so if they failed to add mtv hd hindi listener not get offended

Extremely smart and wise strategy by distribution/content team of viacom18, it will surely be of some help to expand the reach of the channels as operators not having MTV HD will get request for it from customers.

Strangely Vh1 HD not being employed as part of this strategy, even more weird is that there is no promotion of FIFA World Cup 2022 on social media accounts of Vh1 India.

I still remember back in 2002 Ten Sports launched as a new channel and 90% of the operators were not carrying this channel neither showing interest to add it , then as Ten Sports grabbed 2002 FIFA World Cup rights and tournament start drew year all operators quickly launched the channel...addition of WWE further boosted the demand and popularity of this channel.

I strongly feel Airtel Digital TV wants to add pending Viacom18 channels but some genuine reasons r causing delay. Once airtel finds solution to them, addition will happen. This is the same u r seeing that airtel is unable to move History TV18 HD to LCN 429 despite SD feed been shifted from LCN 432 to 428 few years back. Just waiting for airtel to renew RIO agreements with various broadcasters, post which realignment of channels likely to start and 4 digit LCN would b implemented alongside....after all this pending channels stuck for long will b added.

Incase Airtel Digital TV decides to make available MTV HD on an immediate basis then a makeshift agreement will b worked out where certain changes in LCN of few Viacom18 HD channels will b done and MTV HD will b added at LCN 481 but this seems less likely... If at all they add MTV HD in next few days then sam may get added at some latter LCN like 491/493/498/504

Extremely smart and wise strategy by distribution/content team of viacom18, it will surely be of some help to expand the reach of the channels as operators not having MTV HD will get request for it from customers.

Strangely Vh1 HD not being employed as part of this strategy, even more weird is that there is no promotion of FIFA World Cup 2022 on social media accounts of Vh1 India.

I still remember back in 2002 Ten Sports launched as a new channel and 90% of the operators were not carrying this channel neither showing interest to add it , then as Ten Sports grabbed 2002 FIFA World Cup rights and tournament start drew year all operators quickly launched the channel...addition of WWE further boosted the demand and popularity of this channel.

I strongly feel Airtel Digital TV wants to add pending Viacom18 channels but some genuine reasons r causing delay. Once airtel finds solution to them, addition will happen. This is the same u r seeing that airtel is unable to move History TV18 HD to LCN 429 despite SD feed been shifted from LCN 432 to 428 few years back. Just waiting for airtel to renew RIO agreements with various broadcasters, post which realignment of channels likely to start and 4 digit LCN would b implemented alongside....after all this pending channels stuck for long will b added.

Incase Airtel Digital TV decides to make available MTV HD on an immediate basis then a makeshift agreement will b worked out where certain changes in LCN of few Viacom18 HD channels will b done and MTV HD will b added at LCN 481 but this seems less likely... If at all they add MTV HD in next few days then sam may get added at some latter LCN like 491/493/498/504
Because Vh1 is the only International music channel. Leave it that way or lose subscribers.

Hindi audio
Feed added on Sports18 1 sd channel lcn 293 confirmatory snap
Currently this channel have 2 audio freds
English and now Hindi

elzPlnh.jpg

Last edited:
@dino29
Now as dish added Feed if all other dth providers follow same path irrespective of tata play then its proven none of the broadcaster eant to take any chance before wc and if tata play also add then adtv also will have chance to add mtv hd before wc coz then it's proven language feed available from sports18 end

Because Vh1 is the only International music channel. Leave it that way or lose subscribers.

I know but same segment of viewers do watch football and other such niche sports so it can also help in getting more ratings as well as in expanding distribution / reach of the events during tournaments like FIFA World Cup... MTV HD like strategy during world cup for evn Vh1 HD would have been gr8

@dino29
Now as dish added Feed if all other dth providers follow same path irrespective of tata play then its proven none of the broadcaster eant to take any chance before wc and if tata play also add then adtv also will have chance to add mtv hd before wc coz then it's proven language feed available from sports18 end

Actually to be honest those interested hindi commentary won't be much worried about job getting hindi audio on HD feed. Large part of such customers subscribe to just Standard Definition channels particularly for niche sporting events. Had it been a major cricket event sure demand for MTV HD would be extremely high

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock