HLN to launch new series based on Ellen DeGeneres game

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
Heads Up!, a new television series based on the popular game and app of the same name fromThe Ellen DeGeneres Show, is coming to HLN as a fast-paced game show.

Launching in first quarter 2016, the 65-episode half-hour game show strip from Telepictures will be hosted by Loni Love — comedian, actress and co-host of syndicated talk showThe Real— and will air daily, Mondays through Fridays.

In theHeads Up!TV show, contestants pair up with a celebrity and try to correctly identify as many cards as they can based on clues from their teammate in categories ranging from movies and songs to actions, accents, body parts and more. InHeads Up!, (almost) nothing is off limits.

Ellen DeGeneres said, “I’m so excited thatHeads Up!is going to be a game show. It’s so fun and addictive. I play it on my show all the time. I play it at home. I played it last night at Jennifer Aniston’s house. She wasn’t home, so please don’t print that part.”

“We’re excited to translate this innovative game app into a TV show on HLN, and create another all-screens experience for our social media audience. And to be in business with a break-the-Internet star like Ellen is incredible,” said HLN executive vice president and general manager Albie Hecht.
TheHeads Up!app (iOS and Android) has been downloaded more than 16 million times worldwide and been played more than a half billion times. It was Apple’s top paid app of 2014.

TheHeads Up!series is HLN’s second game show based on a successful app. In January, the Keywords app paved the way for the premiere ofKeywords, the TV show, in March.
Heads Up!is from A Very Good Production in association with Telepictures.

DeGeneres, Ed Glavin, Mary Connelly, Andy Lassner and Jeff Kleeman are the executive producers of the series.

Indian Television Dot Com | HLN to launch new series based on Ellen DeGeneres game

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock