Discussion Hollywood Telugu Dubbed Premiere Updates and Satellite Rights

Yes that's what I am saying the problem is not with us or our mso's its with channel only, even Hollywood movies get the same cinematic scope as telugu movies. Its already not good for Telugu movies only and going same scope with Hollywood movies which are technically brilliance is irritating to watch with that type of scope. That is what I meant to say. And if you subscribe to HD pack you automatically won't get SD pack. You should subscribe both SD and HD pack in order to have both the feeds. So some prefer subscribing HD packs and some who can't afford high amount go for the only standard packs.

Buddy if you are using dth, check in System Settings for Video and select 16:9 aspect ratio, it should solve the issue. Couple of months earlier at my grandparents house they were facing the same issue on TataSky, by changing to 16:9 from 4:3 solved the issue. And as far as I observed, they are Telecasting it in regular Cinescope only, even if you watch on Hotstar/Netflix or Prime, the movies which are shot woth cinemascope are offered as it is. They are not messing with it as Gemini does I guess. Gemini telecasts many Telugu movies also my messing the Cinemascopes(Many times it looks uneven and as if you are zooming in or something ) which i'm not a very big fan of, If you like that that's good buddy! Everyone one has difference in opinion buddy! Every Network has a set in rules how they broadcast.

Buddy if you are using dth, check in System Settings for Video and select 16:9 aspect ratio, it should solve the issue. Couple of months earlier at my grandparents house they were facing the same issue on TataSky, by changing to 16:9 from 4:3 solved the issue. And as far as I observed, they are Telecasting it in regular Cinescope only, even if you watch on Hotstar/Netflix or Prime, the movies which are shot woth cinemascope are offered as it is. They are not messing with it as Gemini does I guess. Gemini telecasts many Telugu movies also my messing the Cinemascopes(Many times it looks uneven and as if you are zooming in or something ) which i'm not a very big fan of, If you like that that's good buddy! Everyone one has difference in opinion buddy! Every Network has a set in rules how they broadcast.
It's not about changing the settings, Wait bro I will show you the difference between cinema scope that Gemini and Star maa provides for the movies by default.

most of the channels do not mess with cinemascopes usually if they are fine but as most of gemini old movies are 480p so they have to rescale to fit the resolution but they do not touch cinemascopes mostly
and new movies are an exception same quality is offered everywhere compare any new movie in sunnxt and in tv
but yes their policy is uniformity and imo it is the best instead of discriminating subscribers in programming and star maa follows the other way
and yes opinions do differ bro no offense

Last edited:
It's not about changing the settings, Wait bro I will show you the difference between cinema scope that Gemini and Star maa provides for the movies by default.
any movie with their logo on black area is cinemascoped stream
and logo on the picture is another type
gemini tv old movies are 99% cinemascoped ones and they never messed with them
spiderman 3 they telecasted yesterday is same PQ as it was in sony pix
star maa too do not mess with cinemascopes as the movies they took from gemini (nnn, kushi etc) as same scope as it was in gemini

cinemascoped (their default for old movies)
TQqsCV6.png

this style of scaling is usually present for ads hollywood movies and some old movies which have this format
xBeKJfh.png

Last edited:
Now just look at the cinema scope that star maa provides and Gemini provides. Its ok for the Telugu movies but look at the scope for Endgame, the movie screen just becomes too small when you provide such large cinema scope. That is what I was trying to say from beginning. We are not against one channel and favor to other channel. Just telling the basic faults in telecasting such excellent Hollywood content.
fME1m61.jpg

r33qVbG.jpg

lRmeBYK.jpg

Last edited:
Now just look at the cinema scope that star maa provides and Gemini provides. Its ok for the Telugu movies but look at the scope for Endgame, the movie screen just becomes too small when you provide such large cinema scope. That is what I was trying to say from beginning. We are not against one channel and favor to other channel. Just telling the basic faults in telecasting such excellent Hollywood content.
fME1m61.jpg

r33qVbG.jpg

lRmeBYK.jpg
Buddy! Thats what i said, if you can compare with Hotstar u will understand! They are broadcasting as it is not messing the movie around! U can see Jungle Book new one next time they telecast it, u will know the difference about what i'm saying!

Anyhow I think from next month there are chances for Hollywood movies on HD for Star Maa also. Star Vijay HD started it seems. Star Maa also might start soon.

Buddy! Thats what i said, if you can compare with Hotstar u will understand! They are broadcasting as it is not messing the movie around! U can see Jungle Book new one next time they telecast it, u will know the difference about what i'm saying!

Anyhow I think from next month there are chances for Hollywood movies on HD for Star Maa also. Star Vijay HD started it seems. Star Maa also might start soon.
Thanks for information bro
Waiting for Hollywood movies in Star Maa HD

I am not saying that they are completely messing with the movie, pq and aq is good but only thing is the cinema scope that they are providing for Hollywood movies which makes the movie screen too small and its too awkward to watch the movie like that. I hope you understand now.

I am not saying that they are completely messing with the movie, pq and aq is good but only thing is the cinema scope that they are providing for Hollywood movies which makes the movie screen too small and its too awkward to watch the movie like that. I hope you understand now.

rxdoTOh.jpg

@NTRC buddy! This is what i tried to explain, it depends on which movie they are Telecasting. See for Tarzan its minimal. Its because, Star Channels always telecasts with original cinemascope which movie was produced on! Gemini changes Cinemascope by themselves, many movies looks awkward with that as i mentioned earlier. You can see even Zee channels never messes with movie's Cinemascope.

rxdoTOh.jpg

@NTRC buddy! This is what i tried to explain, it depends on which movie they are Telecasting. See for Tarzan its minimal. Its because, Star Channels always telecasts with original cinemascope which movie was produced on! Gemini changes Cinemascope by themselves, many movies looks awkward with that as i mentioned earlier. You can see even Zee channels never messes with movie's Cinemascope.
Yes bro, Ice age, movie also with original cinemascope,

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock