Home made 90cm Ku band dish

srinivas33

Reaction score
I made this Ku band dish with f/d ratio = 0.7, Diameter = 90cms. Made the ribs and base plate using plywood.

Fixed the dish to a empty paint bucket using pivot or door hinge and broken computer table linear bearing slider metal holder.

for adjusting elevation, used aluminum tube which is inserted into another metal tube and drilled a hole at top of big metal tube, made bolt and screw adjustment to tight it where ever required. Kept few bricks in bucket.

the reflecting material is GI sheet, which i had cut with big scissor. Thought that it will work with C band also but only worked with ku band. That's why used the c band feed horn to hold the ku lnb.

But the disappointment is that getting only signal of strong transponders.

Now my aim is to make a better 6ft C band dish using sturdy iron mounting and aluminum ribs.

Here is its photos and Screen shots of signal received from it.

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

M.aspx

Great..... Can you try C band LNB. I planed a 100 CM dish as like you. You try C band LNB and reply me. 83* is so many FTA channels.

What a nice and innovative effort bro :clap

What is the total cost u incurred for the whole setup ?

MOLOYBORA said:
Great..... Can you try C band LNB. I planed a 100 CM dish as like you. You try C band LNB and reply me. 83* is so many FTA channels.

Yes i tried for C band on INSAT-4A @ 83deg East , using Universal 17k noise temperature Dualpol LNBF but couldn't succeed, the probable reasons may be:
1. f/d ratio is 0.7, but it should be about +/- 0.4 for C band.
2. The surface is not so perfect.
3. Should have purchased solid brand 13k C band Lnb.

when you make your 100 cm dish, make calculations for plotting parabola with f/d near to 0.4, and don't compromise on surface accuracy and also check your focus point using mirror experiment as given in this forum, then design the feed horn holder assembly. The theoretical and actual focal length may differ slightly due to small errors of measurement in fabrication.

shawl_who said:
What a nice and innovative effort bro :clap

What is the total cost u incurred for the whole setup ?
Rs 600/- for Plywood,Metal sheet, bolts, nuts and
for welding of screws to 3 iron rods (for fixing them at base plate with nuts) is Rs 20/-
C band lnbf is Rs 400/-
total: Rs 1020/-

but very low signal of insat 4b, we can easy found insat 4b and good signal in 60cm dish then your dish 90cm

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock