Hotstar app login with personal credentials

VVRChandra

Reaction score
My parents have got a new Tata Sky Binge plus stb by upgrading from normal HD STB. They also got the initial offer of free access to some apps for 6 months including Hotstar. Hotstar app shows that it is logged in with some Id and there is no signout/logout option to enable them login with my personal Hotstar membership. Generally there are 2 buttons here. Start Watching and sign out. But sign out is missing here.

How to log out of hotstar app and sign in with my own personal Id.

Mods : Pl move this to an appropriate thread of not relevant here.

Thanks in advance.

My parents have got a new Tata Sky Binge plus stb by upgrading from normal HD STB. They also got the initial offer of free access to some apps for 6 months including Hotstar. Hotstar app shows that it is logged in with some Id and there is no signout/logout option to enable them login with my personal Hotstar membership. Generally there are 2 buttons here. Start Watching and sign out. But sign out is missing here.

How to log out of hotstar app and sign in with my own personal Id.

Mods : Pl move this to an appropriate thread of not relevant here.

Thanks in advance.
Binge plus is giving Hotstar Premium subscription for free....Once the box activated all free apps getting activated by default other than prime video...U have to login with existing Amazon membership...U will get 3 months free prime membership free....

Binge plus is giving Hotstar Premium subscription for free....Once the box activated all free apps getting activated by default other than prime video...U have to login with existing Amazon membership...U will get 3 months free prime membership free....
I already have hotstar premium subscription valid till mid of 2021. When they were with me till now, they were used to watch it. Now it would be easier for them to login with my credentials on their box so as to continue the same episodes which will be automatically synced after logging in with my details.

If its with a different login details, everything thing will be different.

Hence the requirement to login. But there is no sign out option in hotstar.

I already have hotstar premium subscription valid till mid of 2021. When they were with me till now, they were used to watch it. Now it would be easier for them to login with my credentials on their box so as to continue the same episodes which will be automatically synced after logging in with my details.

If its with a different login details, everything thing will be different.

Hence the requirement to login. But there is no sign out option in hotstar.
Barring prime video subscription every app will be activated with tatasky account...So the credentials will also be different...
1 thing u have to remember that the mandatory NCF price of Rs 153/- Has to be paid to keep the STB active whether u watch DTH or not...I think the same will be applied for Binge plus pack of rs 299/- pm to be paid for watching apps ...

Well, here is the update.

I tried to deactivate the Binge add on via the app but i wasn't successful. So, I called up customer care and told my requirement. He informed me that I'll be losing their 6 months free access to 8 apps and was pursuing me to continue the free plan for 6 months. If I login with my own login credentials, the OTT apps will show the current unwatched episode which is easy to maintain. If its a new login, I need to search for it.

Also, I've my personal subscription to Hotstar premium and Amazon Prime. Other than these two apps I don't watch any other apps that are free under Binge plan. I asked him to remove the free access to these two apps and continue on other apps. He said its not possible and either it should be there for all 8 apps or none.

After some discussion, he finally deleted the binge plus plan from my account after which I'm able to login to these apps with my credentials. He took double confirmation from me before deactivating the binge plan.

Last edited:
Is that possible if I binge subscription by another connection and login in my binge box with password or otp

Is that possible if i subscribe binge plus app of amount 299 plan by other id and then login in my other binge box

Why hotstar doesn't provide live TV channels just like zee5, sonyliv, voot, sunnxt ?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock