How can I use my DishTv STB as FTA receiver....

• Thread starter mystic
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 16
  • Views: Views 28,532

mystic

Reaction score
My DishTV STB is deactivated and not in use.
It is Zenega CD-1006S.
I want to use it as FTA receiver.
Can anybody help me in this regard.... :huh

mystic said:
It is Zenega CD-1006S.

Buy a dish-freedom cam , do a factory reset of your stb, try adding dd-direct+ tps, If you cannot add, complain to TRAI about the STB being not interoperable, That is what Dish-tv is suggesting, THey have also provided complaint numbers of TRAI, on their website

see this link for gettng details for complaining against non-interoperable stb, Use the same number to complain about DISH-TV not allowing to add DD-Direct+ tps
http://www.dishtv.in/dish-freedom.aspx

quickboy said:
mystic said:
It is Zenega CD-1006S.

Buy a dish-freedom cam , do a factory reset of your stb, try adding dd-direct+ tps, If you cannot add, complain to TRAI about the STB being not interoperable, That is what Dish-tv is suggesting, THey have also provided complaint numbers of TRAI, on their website

see this link for gettng details for complaining against non-interoperable stb,
I did restore factory default ...
Now nothing working.. not even menu... :(
I don't want to use dish-freedom cam.
My dish not pointing towards NSS 6 at 95.0°E... :u

mystic said:
quickboy said:
mystic said:
It is Zenega CD-1006S.

Exactly the point, Now call those TRAI numbers given by DISH-TV itself and complain that you cannot tune your stb,
(First call dish-tv itself, tell them there is this stb on which you want to install their CAM, well also tell them this stb wont allow you to add tps and tune,let us see what they answer )

Another trick is to remove the cable and start the stb, If it gives you the setting screen try changing the homeTP to 10990 V 27500 and tune

If nothing works call the TRAI numbers and complain, THat is what Dish-tv is recommending on the link above

If you point to nss-6, we know their tps will come, BUt no need to do it, can you post a screenshot of what happens when you remove cable and start the stb?

U can change it software By Rs.232 Null modem Cable For Fta Viewing Or Many Dishtv Dealer Change Stb Software @ Rs.200-250 So searching in Your local market.

Vikram said:
U can change it software By Rs.232 Null modem Cable For Fta Viewing Or Many Dishtv Dealer Change Stb Software @ Rs.200-250 So searching in Your local market.
I need firmware ...... :(

quickboy said:
mystic said:
quickboy said:
mystic said:
It is Zenega CD-1006S.

Exactly the point, Now call those TRAI numbers given by DISH-TV itself and complain that you cannot tune your stb,
(First call dish-tv itself, tell them there is this stb on which you want to install their CAM, well also tell them this stb wont allow you to add tps and tune,let us see what they answer )

Another trick is to remove the cable and start the stb, If it gives you the setting screen try changing the homeTP to 10990 V 27500 and tune

If nothing works call the TRAI numbers and complain, THat is what Dish-tv is recommending on the link above

If you point to nss-6, we know their tps will come, BUt no need to do it, can you post a screenshot of what happens when you remove cable and start the stb?
Ok I will try to upload the SS after 11PM tonite.

Vikram said:
Version ?
Now nothing working. just one message coming.
How to find out version.
:huh

No com port in my lappy.
Can I use usb to serial converter for that. :huh

Vikram said:

It should be RS32 or RS232 cable, not Rs.232. The meaning changes completely.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock