How dangal TV hit the viewership sweet spot

Rajpatil98

Reaction score
20190520-173622.jpg

20190520-173644.jpg

20190520-180125.jpg

Source credit-
Source

That's what happens when there is no competition in market. The channel gained TRP only after competitors like Zee Anmol, Sony Pal, Star Utsav decided to exit from DD Free Dish.

Not fully left.
STAR Sports First, Sony MIX, NEWS18 some channels, Zee News some channels remaining in DDFD.
They decided to remove hindi gec(rerun or original),movies channel &big magic comes in category of rerun gec bt it still on dd free dish!! Why??

Dangal was a good performer even when biggies were available on Free Dish. Dangal got around 3.5 lac or more impressions on w weekly basis. They air nice classic hindi shows taken from Imagine TV, Sahara One etc. library. Their religious programs/serials draw huge viewership.

Unfortunately it is mentality in our country to look down upon desi things or should i say name of channel in this case. If it was named "Dazzle TV" or likes then this feeling of shock would be less among section of city based media. May be this is why a bhojpuri channel named itself "Oscar Movies", we attach so much prestige or value to english and it honestly saddens me.

Is Sahara one dead then?

Long back bhai, both this and infact all of the network tumbled in later half of last decade. Their news channels r somehow surviving with use of obslete technology and some basic staff. U can tune into and see the condition urself. Even cable operators run local channel in better quality than how they r performing at present

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock