Seeking Help How does Airtel Internet TV works?

ajgamer

Reaction score
Hey! I am thinking of learning about Internet TV since the recent price hikes in TATA Sky due to the TRAI rules.

1. Does these TRAI rules applies to the Internet TV as well?

2. How cheap is Internet TV as compared to DTH?

3. How much bandwidth does Internet TV uses (In terms of Mbps)?

Thanks.

1. Does these TRAI rules applies to the Internet TV as well?
Yes, it TRAI regulations are applicable for Airtel Internet TV as well. Since it is a hybrid DTH set top box with internet surfing features with the support of android OS. It is not traditional IPTV which airtel used to give in earlier days.
2. How cheap is Internet TV as compared to DTH?
They probably are the same cost wise, STB cost is higher than regular SD/HD boxes but is one time investment.
3. How much bandwidth does Internet TV uses (In terms of Mbps)?
I guess minimum 4 Mbps required for catch up TV and other OTT apps.

Go through this thread: Airtel 4K Internet TV Launched [Detail and Price]

Though its two years old but should give you a rough idea what features you are going to have with Internet TV.

Yes, it TRAI regulations are applicable for Airtel Internet TV as well. Since it is a hybrid DTH set top box with internet surfing features with the support of android OS. It is not traditional IPTV which airtel used to give in earlier days.

They probably are the same cost wise, STB cost is higher than regular SD/HD boxes but is one time investment.

I guess minimum 4 Mbps required for catch up TV and other OTT apps.

Go through this thread: Airtel 4K Internet TV Launched [Detail and Price]

Though its two years old but should give you a rough idea what features you are going to have with Internet TV.

Thanks for the reply and detailed answer. Will wait for Jio then.

Hey! I am thinking of learning about Internet TV since the recent
Forgot to ask how did you felt price hike on Tata Sky after new TRAI regulations.

From what i read, forum members feel Tata Sky is the only DTH which benefited with new rules as earlier the packs and even alacarte channels rates were very high. Now they are par with rest of the DTHs.

Hey! I am thinking of learning about Internet TV since the recent price hikes.
Thanks.
If you compare all dths, only Tata sky and sun direct giving free 100 fta channels and you can change your pack any time. If you leave Tata sky you will lost around 30 famous channels and you need to pay extra ncf around 50 rupees. Also Tata sky will introduce internet box with free Amazon prime within 1 or 2 months.

Forgot to ask how did you felt price hike on Tata Sky after new TRAI regulations.

From what i read, forum members feel Tata Sky is the only DTH which benefited with new rules as earlier the packs and even alacarte channels rates were very high. Now they are par with rest of the DTHs.

Since last 5-7 years, I was paying around Rs. 1,200 per month.

I brought that down to Rs. 450 per month in December 2018 by removing 1 out of 3 connections, moved to much lower Base Plan, removed HD access fee.

Now, I'm back to Rs. 600 per month because of TRAI rules with infact much lower number of channels.

Overall, I am paying a lot more as compared to what I did in December.

To be very honest, TV was the source of entertainment for every Indian as Radio used to be.

Government destroyed that entertainment by making it costlier.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock