How is genre wise slot capacity decided in DDFD E-Auction?

satyajeet

Contributor
Solutions
Reaction score
Can anybody explain freedish auction process. Basically i want to know
1.who decides no of channels in each bucket, eg 4 channels in A+, 16 Channels in C bucket etc..
2.does high demand for particular bucket cause increase in no of slots in that bucket? I know high demand increase price.

E-auction will be held in decreasing order of Reserve Price

i) In the first-round e-auction will be held for five slots or the number of applications received for bucket A+, whichever is less.
ii) In the second-round e-auction will be held for five slots or the number of applications received for bucket A, whichever is less.
iii) In the third-round e-auction will be held for five slots or the number of applications received for bucket B, whichever is less.
iv) In the fourth-round e-auction will be held for five slots or the number of applications received for bucket C, whichever is less.
v) In the fifth-round e-auction will be held for five slots or the number of applications received for bucket D, whichever is less.

After the above, the remaining slots will be auctioned bucket wise starting again from bucket A+ and will progressively go from bucket A+ to bucket D till such time there are no more biddersin a given bucket or there are no more vacant slots left. This will ensure a fair genre wise distribution in the Free Dish bouquet.

https://doordarshan.gov.in/sites/default/files/Revised DD Free Dish Policy.pdf

Thanks. Main point is they have initially decided 5 slots per round for each bucket. Since only 4 channels won A+ slot means only 4 applications were received.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock