How many DD Channels available on Terrestrial Antenna

Hassan Syed

Banned
Reaction score
When I was using terrestrial antenna I was getting DD National, DD News, DD Metro & DD Punjabi on my antenna. Now how many DD channels are available on terrestrial network?

Only dd national and dd news availible on terrestial mode.
And you can also watch your state's regional channel between 4pm to 8pm on dd national network.

but in my area i get PTV home,PTV news and sometime PTV sports also.....

sSUNNY1432 said:
but in my area i get PTV home,PTV news and sometime PTV sports also.....

Hmm!
We also get BTV (Bangladesh), China TV and Bhutan Channels.

My native town is Porayar (Nagapattinum district of Tamil Nadu). But now I am in Karaikal. When I was there in Porayar (1996, 1997), I used to get Only DD National and DD Podhigai in one single channel from DD's terrestrial relay station located in Karaikal.

Apart from that, I used to get around 10 or 15 channels from Sri Lanka. Most of them were in Sinhala and few Tamil and English Channels.

Sakthi TV (Tamil) - Used to re-telecast programs from SUN TV. Later had their own programs and few from Sun TV.
Sirasa TV (Sinhala and part time Hindi)
Channel 1 (English)
Swarnawahini (Sinhala, part time Tamil and part time Hindi) - Used to re-telecast ATN (Hindi) and Raj TV (Tamil) programs. Used to telecast latest Tamil and Hindi movies before Indian channels telecast them.
Rupavahini (Sinhala, Tamil, English)
Rupavahini-I (Sinhala, Tamil, English)
E-TV (English)

and many other Sinhala channels (don't remember the names now:) )

Hassan Syed said:
When I was using terrestrial antenna I was getting DD National, DD News, DD Metro & DD Punjabi on my antenna. Now how many DD channels are available on terrestrial network?
what is ur location?

Usually we can get only DD1 and DD News. If in border area, you will get foreign channels.
Thats it.
But who now a days buy/test terrestrial antenna in era of dth/cable?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock