Discussion How strong concept Star India shows are?

• Thread starter hike
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 61
  • Views: Views 4,864
So, how they are getting ratings is BARC manipulating with the ratings?

Now thats a whole different story. We really dont know who is doing exactly what with those trp meters. There is no authencity and neither we will get this ever. Also what upsets me the most is that tv shows which are good content gets very high number of viewership on their official YT videos but on Tv, they are mostly less trp rated ones. Also i read in some article where the writer suggested that instead of increasing the trp meters they should be decreased and should be installed in highly urban and premium areas (just like before 2000s). Then consider the digital ratings and merge both tv and digital ratings. Only this could change the ongoing scenario.

Cuz, people without smartphones got to do something for timepass?
My mom doesn't watch any Star Plus show she only watch Laxmi Ghar Aai, Tera Mera Saath Rahe, Radhakrishn, Janani, Ramayan, Mahadev, Vaishnodevi. She hates these ekta drama where everything is just surrounded across irritating things.
She used to watch shows like IPKKND, Everest, Tamanna, Saraswatichandra, Beyhadh, Porus, Mahabharat, Chandragupt Maurya, etc. Her standard is far better than BARC barometer having audience.
She watch TMKOC and listen to devotional programs like Bhagwat Geeta, Shivpuran, etc for timepass but never watch these irritating drama.
Also i read in some article where the writer suggested that instead of increasing the trp meters they should be decreased and should be installed in highly urban and premium areas (just like before 2000s). Then consider the digital ratings and merge both tv and digital ratings. Only this could change the ongoing scenario.
Nice idea. IBF should work on it like we have 7-8 GEC which broadcast fresh shows and it's practically impossible to judge them on rating as many shows come on perticular timeslot and by this it will be more clear that what kind of shows Indian audience like to watch.
Seriously, like fandom of these early off-air shows have more reach than the broadcaster on internet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock