How to connect home theatre to Xstream box for Dolby Audio?

seanbenn85

Reaction score
Avoid writing thread titles in FULL caps
So i bought a new zebronics soundbar with dolby audio yesterday. I have connected the soundbar to my Sanyo tv which has an HDMI ARC port and Airtel Xstream box to an other HDMI port ,but not getting dolby audio in any HD channels or Disney Hotstar or Netflix. My connection is as follows.

So the HDMI cable from the ARC port of the HT is connected to the HDMI 1slot which is the ARC port on the TV & the HDMI cable from the Xstream STB is connected to a regular HDMI 2 port of the tv. I tried all the English HD movie channels and played some movies on hotstar and netflix which contains dolby audio.But the soundbar doesn't output dolby audio eventhough the soundbar seem to be connected properly. What settings or connections should i change to get dolby digital output from my soundbar or home theatre?

So i bought a new zebronics soundbar with dolby audio yesterday. I have connected the soundbar to my Sanyo tv which has an HDMI ARC port and Airtel Xstream box to an other HDMI port ,but not getting dolby audio in any HD channels or Disney Hotstar or Netflix. My connection is as follows.

So the HDMI cable from the ARC port of the HT is connected to the HDMI 1slot which is the ARC port on the TV & the HDMI cable from the Xstream STB is connected to a regular HDMI 2 port of the tv. I tried all the English HD movie channels and played some movies on hotstar and netflix which contains dolby audio.But the soundbar doesn't output dolby audio eventhough the soundbar seem to be connected properly. What settings or connections should i change to get dolby digital output from my soundbar or home theatre?
Have u selected TV mode on the soundbar, or a similar setting ???. I have Sony HTIV300 setup and ARC can be enabled by pressing the TV mode option on remote. Ur connections are alright

Are u not getting audio at all or are u getting only stereo and not Dolby alone.. if so then u need to see if audio settings on the xstreame STB is proper.

Thanks for replying... In the soundbar it correctly displays ARC on it's illuminating LED display and I get proper stereo sound through it..and also I have selected the ARC speaker in the TV menu. But i don't get the dolby surround effect in any of the HD channels or the OTT platforms like hotstar or Netflix.

Also on the airtel xstream box the audio is set to Auto mode, since there is no manual selection mode available there.

Please check your TV has dolby digital sound output facility. If no -u are not able to getdolby sound.. Try to connect settop directly to soundbar.

Please check your TV has dolby digital sound output facility. If no -u are not able to getdolby sound.. Try to connect settop directly to soundbar.
My tv is a regular non smart 43inch Sanyo model bought in 2019.So it doesn't have any dolby decoding facility I guess. Although the HDMI arc port of the tv works well, as I am able to hear the soundbar through the tv and control the soundbar using tv remote. I also don't know whether it's a problem with my Xstream box also, since it doesn't show 5.1 icon or dolby in Netflix or hotstar..I have fiddled around with Xstream box sound settings and changed it from 'Auto' to ''Always output Dolby' and still I can't see any dolby audio icons in the OTT platforms.

Also if I need to connect the settop box directly to the soundbar, how should I do the connections.. The soundbar only has a single HDMI Arc port and an digital optical port. So should I connect the STB with the soundbar through optical cable and then STB to TV via HDMI right??

Exactly Sir.But as for my experience you have not get 5.1 effect with soundbar.(I am using the same method) .
Tried as per your suggestion. Bought an optical cable and connected the box directly to the soundbar using that optical cable. Now I finally get Dolby Audio on both OTT platforms and HD channels. Thanks to you.

Also I am planning to get a Amazon firestick too and planning to use it connected to one of my TV HDMI regular slot alongside my airtel box. I would like to listen to firestick content via my soundbar so I will keep my HDMI arc out cable connected to the soundbar via HDMI arc from tv.
Will this cause any audio problems as my tv is connected to my soundbar via HDMI arc and airtel box is also connected to my soundbar via optical cable?

In my XStream box, the firmware version is 2.2.3, I don't have the option to choose manually, let me know how can upgrade or downgrade the firmware Manually / offline without calling customer care or connecting dish. where I can get the firmware file....looking for support

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock